Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any adjustment for the height of the clutch pedal on the 2010 Santa fe??, on mine you have to floor it for every gear change, the manual shows adjustment but doesn't explain whether this affects the push rod on the mastercylinder, my dealership don't seem know or can't be bothered, if I could just raise the pedal height a little it would be so much better.

Gazza!!![attachment=18133:clutch.jpg][attachment=18135:clutch_2.PNG]

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello,
Not realy a solution for your problem but I would like to know where you found those schematics..
I would like to browse myself and then especially the other side of the clutch, with plate and flywheel. I would like to know if there is a lock valve or a delay valve on the slave cilinder.

thanks allready and good luck.

·
Registered
121 Posts
QUOTE (gazza!!! @ May 20 2010, 07:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324627
Is there any adjustment for the height of the clutch pedal on the 2010 Santa fe??, on mine you have to floor it for every gear change, the manual shows adjustment but doesn't explain whether this affects the push rod on the mastercylinder, my dealership don't seem know or can't be bothered, if I could just raise the pedal height a little it would be so much better.

Gazza!!![attachment=18133:clutch.jpg][attachment=18135:clutch_2.PNG]
Bart. If you go to the following address and sign up free you can get all the information for your vehicle.

http://hmaservice.com/

Have fun and good luck

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (Bart Bever @ May 20 2010, 11:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324646
Hello,
Not realy a solution for your problem but I would like to know where you found those schematics..
I would like to browse myself and then especially the other side of the clutch, with plate and flywheel. I would like to know if there is a lock valve or a delay valve on the slave cilinder.

thanks allready and good luck.
http://hmaservice.com/
become a member and you can play all day

I have a manual on disk for the 2006 model crtd cdx the clutch set up is the same.

If you join HOCGB you will probably be able to purchase a disk for the pre 2010 Fe.

Gazza!!!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Stick your head under the dash and look at the link/yoke to pedal joint... is there a locknot on the rod so the rod can be turned and nut tightened to hold..

If so, loosen nut, turn the rod to take all the jiggle out of the pedal, be carefull after jiggle gone, as too much load can keep piston from coming nack and covering return port...

Pedal jiggle with a hydraulic system is lost fluid movement to release the clutch.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (sbr711 @ May 20 2010, 08:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324849
Stick your head under the dash and look at the link/yoke to pedal joint... is there a locknot on the rod so the rod can be turned and nut tightened to hold..

If so, loosen nut, turn the rod to take all the jiggle out of the pedal, be carefull after jiggle gone, as too much load can keep piston from coming nack and covering return port...

Pedal jiggle with a hydraulic system is lost fluid movement to release the clutch.
According to the schematic that I posted there doesn't appear to be any adjustment in that area.
I'll take it back to the dealers armed with the diagram and a six gun as it could be a slave or mastercylinder fault I guess??

Thanks anyway.

Gazza!!!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Visual inspect be a lot better than looking at a random sketch...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts