Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Sanata with 69500 miles. I have been getting a P0456 code for some time. I have replaced the gas cap, purge valve and the close vent valve and filter. The code still wont fully erase and keeps tripping the MIL. I have done a smoke test and there are no visible signs of leaking anywhere. I am running out of ideas on what this could be.

One question I have in live data the purge valve never seems to go below 2.7 percent even when the engine is off. it was like that be for and after replacing it.

Could this all be caused by a bad ECU? I was told that in a 2010 Sanata that the ECU is common to fail. When the MIL is on I have 3 of the same code one freeze frame one that triggers the light and one that says permanent. Every time I erase the codes all but the permanent go away. No matter how many times I hit erase or even disconnect the battery it will not go away but the light shuts off.

I'm just getting tired a wasting a day a the dealership weekly cause they don't know what is wrong. Any help might be great and any one else have a problem having the code completely erase.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have a 2010 Sanata with 69500 miles. I have been getting a P0456 code for some time. I have replaced the gas cap, purge valve and the close vent valve and filter. The code still wont fully erase and keeps tripping the MIL. I have done a smoke test and there are no visible signs of leaking anywhere. I am running out of ideas on what this could be.

One question I have in live data the purge valve never seems to go below 2.7 percent even when the engine is off. it was like that be for and after replacing it.

Could this all be caused by a bad ECU? I was told that in a 2010 Sanata that the ECU is common to fail. When the MIL is on I have 3 of the same code one freeze frame one that triggers the light and one that says permanent. Every time I erase the codes all but the permanent go away. No matter how many times I hit erase or even disconnect the battery it will not go away but the light shuts off.

I'm just getting tired a wasting a day a the dealership weekly cause they don't know what is wrong. Any help might be great and any one else have a problem having the code completely erase.
Could be a funky FTPS (fuel tank pressure sensor ) If the pressure reading is out of spec, the car may think there's a leak. If the code will not clear, the dealership needs to keep it and figure it out. Do you have any warranty left? The parts you replaced, were they OEM?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The purge valve I replaced was BWD but Was made from OEM being it had the Hyundai Kia on the part. The Close Vent Valve I got from the dealership couldn't find it anywhere else. The only warranty i have is CPP Wrap cause its Preowend but everything time I bring it to the dealer they tell me its a part not covered under warranty. I was thinking it was the FTPS myself but been looking for someplace to find it cheep through my job its $119.99 before my 20% off. I did find one i can order for 86$ but need to come up with the money. I'm just anoyed by the dealer its 40 min from where I live and am getting tired of making the trip for nothing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts