Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Santa Fe love it ...a question trying to reserach and thought you folks might help advertised mileage is not there according to Hyundai I should get 7.7 and 10.7 hwy /city litres per 100 k .
At present with 2000 k's I am getting 10.7 and 14.7 hwy city .Is therea breakin and if so how many k's till it improves.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
There are many threads on this topic in the forums and there are a LOT of variables that effect your mileage. The advertised fuel consumption rates, in my experience with all my vehicles, is typically off by about 2-3 litres/km. I think they give the test vehicles a push start on an abnormally flat test circuit, fill them with helium balloons to make them lighter, and have tail winds to help them along.

I have the 2010 AWD Sport and am now at about 32,000 kms in about 7 months. To fill from way-to-close-to-empty, I can get just over 70 litres of fuel in the tank. I can drive about 150 kms before the fuel guage starts to descend from full. I can get over the 700 km mark on that tank and my driving includes some pretty hilly terrain. For a vehicle of this size and weight, I think that's fantastic.

I do add a bottle of fuel injector cleaner to a full tank after every oil change. Might be perfume but I notice a performance boost in the next tank once it has gone through.

This reminds me....I need to fill up.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Transport Canada's fuel ratings are achievable under optimal driving conditions, but not realistic 99% of the time. For example, highway consumption is measured at average speeds of 77 km/h (good luck trying that on the 401) with no stops, starting with a hot engine.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/programs/environme...-2cycle-517.htm

I never noticed any improvement in my Santa Fe's consumption after break-in, but others in this thread claim they have. The best advice I can offer is to minimize use of the brakes in the city, and keep it under 100 km/hr on the highway, if you really want to maximize fuel economy. These two variables have more impact than anything else I have noticed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts