Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of minor issues with my 2010 SF that I'm looking to see if anyone else is experiencing...

With the Sport model, does your passenger seat "creak"? It seems like the lumbar support area is the culprit. It is a bit rough when you increase/decrease the lumbar using the power seating. The lumbar area will creak even by shifting myself within the seat.

I have an iPod touch connected to the iPod adapter. It seems that every time I start the car, the radio comes on and is in iPod mode. Even if I turn the radio off before shutting the car off, it will still turn on whenever the car is started.

Anyone with a (closed) sunroof experience a bit of wind noise that becomes obviously worse when the sunroof cover is opened? Usually only occurs on hwy speeds (100+ km).

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
QUOTE (torontonian @ May 10 2010, 03:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321342
Couple of minor issues with my 2010 SF that I'm looking to see if anyone else is experiencing...

With the Sport model, does your passenger seat "creak"? It seems like the lumbar support area is the culprit. It is a bit rough when you increase/decrease the lumbar using the power seating. The lumbar area will creak even by shifting myself within the seat.

I have an iPod touch connected to the iPod adapter. It seems that every time I start the car, the radio comes on and is in iPod mode. Even if I turn the radio off before shutting the car off, it will still turn on whenever the car is started.

Anyone with a (closed) sunroof experience a bit of wind noise that becomes obviously worse when the sunroof cover is opened? Usually only occurs on hwy speeds (100+ km).

Thanks!
I have a 2010 santa FE AWD sport model my seat does not creak, my drivers's seat has the lumbar support not the passengers seat. I do not like to use the lumbar support it is uncomfortable but my husband likes it. no problem with the ipod mode. i do not like how our remote starter was wired though, if iI start the car with the remote starter and then turn it off the parking lights stay on. The service manager told me to get the parking lights to turn off I have to walk out to my vehicle and open and close the driver's door? so now i remind myself to turn the light switch to off because if I accidently start the vehicle by remote starter I do not want to end up with a dead car battery because the parking lights stay on.
As for the sunroof- with it open it's great around town but on the highway it is noisy.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (venetian @ May 10 2010, 10:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321404
I have a 2010 santa FE AWD sport model my seat does not creak, my drivers's seat has the lumbar support not the passengers seat. I do not like to use the lumbar support it is uncomfortable but my husband likes it. no problem with the ipod mode. i do not like how our remote starter was wired though, if iI start the car with the remote starter and then turn it off the parking lights stay on. The service manager told me to get the parking lights to turn off I have to walk out to my vehicle and open and close the driver's door? so now i remind myself to turn the light switch to off because if I accidently start the vehicle by remote starter I do not want to end up with a dead car battery because the parking lights stay on.
As for the sunroof- with it open it's great around town but on the highway it is noisy.
What about the Sport emblem on the tailgate? I have seen many Sport Santa Fe's (including mine) in which the Sport emblem is slanted! And the dealership thinks I'm nuts...

·
Registered
5,883 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I recently got the creaking seat back a few months ago after the vehicle was over 2 years old. Hyundai only covers such adjustments for the first year so make sure you have it looked at. Luckly the dealership I deal with has been pretty good and played around with it and it's much better now. Was coming from the lumbar area and I think they poped out the back cover and just adjusted some of the springs back there.

As far as the sunroof I don't get any excessive noise when it's closed, just noticed when it's cranked open all the way I get a bit of banging noise from it. If I close it a couple of inches more it's fine.

Cheers,

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (Dens @ May 19 2010, 07:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324415
I recently got the creaking seat back a few months ago after the vehicle was over 2 years old. Hyundai only covers such adjustments for the first year so make sure you have it looked at. Luckly the dealership I deal with has been pretty good and played around with it and it's much better now. Was coming from the lumbar area and I think they poped out the back cover and just adjusted some of the springs back there.

As far as the sunroof I don't get any excessive noise when it's closed, just noticed when it's cranked open all the way I get a bit of banging noise from it. If I close it a couple of inches more it's fine.

Cheers,
Holy delayed reply from me! :)

Dens, can you elaborate on the problem you had? My lumbar creaking problem sounds like it is getting more annoying. I took the car in for service #3 but didn't have time for them to look at the lumbar issue.
Not only is the lumbar creaking, but it sounds like the power seat motor is struggling to move the lumbar in and out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For the creaking sound they took a look at it and played around with it a bit. They didn't say what they did but I have a feeling he took the back panel off or something and maybe moved a couple of things around(springs etc) to see if that helped and it seemed to have. I only get an occasional creak evey once in a while now but much better now. The motor is good, no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts