Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...looking at potentially buying a 2010 with 25K in miles looks great, what are the impresssions of this vehicle now that it has been out for a while....does it hold up, is the gas mileage right or wrong? does is rattle, sound cheap etc?? Looking to replace my daughters car with this one, so please be honest....if we should walk away and not consider it please let me know!!

Thanks for your help!!

PS...I've read both good and bad reviews, however I think the forums would also be a great sounding board!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
My Tucson has been a trouble free, rock solid performer. I like the looks and the handling. Sure, it's not a BMW X3, (Same person designed both Tucson and X3 by the way!) but for the price you can't go wrong.
I'd say go for it.
Just wondering what else are you cross shopping? I almost bought a Rouge, glad I didn't!

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
I have no complaint with my 2011 Ltd. except for the poor fuel figure. I drive very little so it is not a concern.

·
Registered
838 Posts
It's a Great vehicle all around! Still good looking, not dated like some. It does everything well, except it's not the best for gas mileage, although driving it easy you may have no concerns, but it tends to be "peppier" then most in it's class. I had the "GLS" AWD model, with it's 17" tires, & wheels it rides a bit smoother then the "Limited" with it's 18" tires, & wheels. Just one "heads up" here, If you have the original Kumho KR21 tires, they're okay, for wet, or dry, but "Horrible!" in the winter, (short lived too! 30k miles). If it's the "Limited" model it might have Hankook tires on it? I'm not sure how good they are all weather, but I think they're better then the Kumho's.

I think it looks like the new Ford Escape, but "Nicer!"

Although the new Escape is better equipped, for a price $

Good Luck, Mike

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have praised the Tuck, (slightly), and been critical of it. Ours is my CEO's car and she likes it.
Pros:
-looks good, handles pretty well, has good gizmos for the price point.
Our '10 hasn't broken yet, though the brakes are nearly gone at ~32k; will need pads & rotors I suspect.
-Other than oil and filter changes, a new air filter, etc. it has not needed a fix in 3 years/32k miles.
-It can hold four sets of golf clubs and 4 people, (for short trips), and all the gizmos work, BT, Nav, backup cam, Sat radio, etc.
-A/C could be colder and the vents never really shut off, regardless of which position one has the vents 'on'.

Cons:
-the elec. steering on our car sucks. Ok for around town, tiring on trips as it doesn't have any on center feel, and steers like an old motorboat with constant corrections. The best alignment people in my area cannot find a fix or problem, nor can the idiot dealer.
-Road noise on our '10 Limited is considerable. They skimped on the inner wheel well sound insulation, imo.
-Interior is susceptible to scratches on dash/center console; cost point materials.
-carpet is almost an afterthought: it can't be 1/8th inch 'thick'. Some cheesey stuff and parts used if one crawls around and looks hard. Again, cost point building.
-Mpg will never be that mystical '31'. Most trips average 23-24 and have seen 25 only driving like Ms Daisy. Small tank gets one looking for gas in less than 200 miles of mixed driving.
-This class of smaller suv has ramped up the competition, so there are other brands out there in used car land, to consider, imo.
-My understanding of buying used is that the oe 5 yr/50k mile warranty stays in effect for whatever time/miles one has left, but that thin '100k' powertrain warranty is not transferrable. Something to consider...
My 50 Cts.
GL, mD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts