Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a pedal to the floor issue so I took off all the wheels and checked the brakes. It's a 2010 gls. Shoes and pads were good so I just sprayed some brake cleaner on all the brake system and called it a day. I figured I needed to bleed them which I haven't done yet. After that I noticed I had no abs. I don't know if it had not been working before this.

The light comes on dash when starting and tires will lock up. Abs worked before. I'm thinking maybe i got sensors dirty? Before I check (when I go to bleed,) any more ideas/suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Should not need bleeding unless you ran out of fluid. Get the ABS module scanned for codes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it two years ago. So I guess it should have a replacement of fluid/bleed. It's a 2010. The only thing I've done to it is change the crankshaft position sensor. It wasn't starting after a while. $mall fix

Has the brake fluid been flushed every 3 years?
If not this is about the time for master cylinder failure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it was raining VERY hard and I slammed on the brakes again to see what would happen. The abs is back and working , but I have to press on the pedal very hard and fast and it goes to the floor. I'm thinking that the sensors might have got dirty and all that rain washed them off? I also sprayed brake cleaner all over the brakes when I went to check them, maybe it got on the sensors. I also was banging on the drums and rust was getting all over when i checked them. Cleaned them best i could though. I'm thinking their is air in the system. Thats the only thing that would cause the pedal to go to the floor , right? The pads are like new and shoes are also in good shape.

·
Registered
17,554 Posts
Likely internal HECU bypass concern..... hardly ever,, if ever,, see a master cylinder fault on a Hyundai in my 16yr dealer service with brand

1 - 7 of 7 Posts