Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2010 Santa Fe Limited and I have a few questions.

Garage opener: I have a rolling code system, so it's programmed accordingly. Did the remote training first, then made the head unit learn the car. According to the manual, after both systems have been learned, the homelink button trained should be a solid red light when pressed. For me, when pressed, the light blinks rapidly even though it is operating the garage correctly. It is somehow not set up right?

Flog lights button: On the lower left of the dash, there are buttons to control the AWD, 115V invertor and fog lights. When the invertor or AWD buttons are pressed, an orange light turns on to show you that feature is activated. When the fog lights button is pressed there is no light even though it seems it has a space for a light. Is there supposed to be an indicator light for this button?

Fuel economy: After about 2000 kilometers driving, according to the trip computer I am averaging 13.5 k/100 litres. This seems high compared to the advertised rating. I am not aggressive, always driving with ECO in the green and a good mix of city/hwy driving. Is this normal? What are others getting?

iPod support: So far I can confirm that my iPod touch works correctly when using the manufacturer iPod cable. I would like to buy a cheaper iPod for exclusive use in the car and was thinking either the thin shuffle or new shuffle which has buttons. Both of these models don't have the wide connector that the nano and touch have, they just have the headphones jack. Will these models work in the santa fe using the dash aux jack? If so, will I still be able to control the music using the radio controls or will I have to control it on the device itself?

Thank you to everyone who can offer some input on these questions.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
:00000732:

In regards to the Homelink, the light being on solid only applies to non-rolling code openers. It's supposed to flash rapidly when transmitting a rolling code and solid when it's not. I know this because we have two garage door openers; one with a rolling code and one without. I have both programmed to the mirror and only the rolling code flashes in that way. Rest assured you've done nothing wrong.

The fog lights will only come on when the headlights are on so that's probably why you're not seeing the light come on. Unfortunately, fuel economy is pretty bad for the first few thousand miles or kilometers. Give the engine time to get really well run in and it will improve over time. As for the iPod, you will need one with the wide bottom base in order to have the full controls through the stereo. You can use the AUX in but you'll have to handle it via the device.

·
Registered
21 Posts
on my 20120 ltd when i push the fog lite button the light comes on at the button itself while the others appear on the dash if its not coming on see the dealer .

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
The fog light switch in my '08 GLS lights up green when activated.

Fuel economy after 60,000 km (with the 3.3) is around 13.5 to 15 litres/100km in mixed (mostly city) driving. I get 9-12 on the highway.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone for your responses.

As suggested I will need an ipod like a nano or touch to work with the head unit. The manual says it supports the 5G nano. Can anyone verify if it'll work with a 4g? As far as i know, the connector is the same. I have access to a used one cheap.

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE (Overspeed @ Nov 10 2010, 05:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370423
Thank you everyone for your responses.

As suggested I will need an ipod like a nano or touch to work with the head unit. The manual says it supports the 5G nano. Can anyone verify if it'll work with a 4g? As far as i know, the connector is the same. I have access to a used one cheap.
If you have an iPod / iPhone that has the dock connector (the wide non usb connector port) port then yes, the iPod cable will work with it.HHave a look here for a list of devices that support the dock connector cable, all os these should work.
If it only has a headphone socket then you can only use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable and plug it into the aux jack, you will NOT see the information on the head unit screen, you will only be able to control the playback from the device itself, the only thing you'll be able to control from the steering wheel or head unit will be the volume.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey!

I too have a 2010 Sante Fe Limited. To answer your questions:

1) Garage Door Opener - I have a Sears Craftsman rolling code system that I purchased last year. I followed the instructions in the manual and the garage door opens and closes correctly. Took me a couple of tries, but if you follow exactly as it says in the manual, it does work!

2) The fog light button, next to the AC115W button should show a GREEN light when the fog lights are on. I just double checked and it ONLY lights up when the lights are turned ON or in AUTOMATIC mode...

3) I'm using a piece of software on my iPad to track gar mileage and so far I'm getting about 7.6KM/Litre. The salespeople/mechanics at Hyundai told me there is a natural break-in period with those vehicles. The gas mileage should progressive get better in the first year. I've noticed mine get better over the last couple of months!

4) I've use an iPod nano using the factory cable as well, however, with the Limited, you can have full rotary dial touch mode on the Nav screen if you purchase the correct cable that plugs directly into USB AND Stereo headphone jack. Here's the link to see a picture of one: http://hyundai.dealerfit.com/store/hyundai...od566_29900.php

Hope that helps! Any more questions, fire away! I'm constantly checking these forums for questions on my Sante Fe too. Great resource!

Daniel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts