Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Drives: Hyundai ix35 (2010 crdi 4WD)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First post here. I'm switching out the standard radio from my 2010 ix35 crdi for this Sony unit. Given the new unit utilises DAB, and I may as well replace the standard aerial to use that....does anyone have experience of running new cables on this model and can offer pointers?

How easy is the lining to remove, re-seat? And generally, what's your experience if you have done this (anything to look out for)? It'll be my first time changing cables etc, although I've plenty of computer building experience so hopefully that helps :LOL:

TIA!

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,308 Posts
I haven't done it on your particular model but I've run cables on plenty of other cars. You shouldn't need to remove the head lining, or any seats. You should be able to access the aerial by removing the trim across the top of the tailgate opening. There are usually a few plastic rivets securing the headlining across the rear. Removing those should allow you to lower the rear of the head lining enough to remove the aerial. I would just route your additional coax cable from the aerial, over the top of the head lining and down the driver's side 'A' pillar along with the original areial cable. Removing the grab handles above the doors should allow you to lower the head lining enough to feed the cable through.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
Drives: Hyundai ix35 (2010 crdi 4WD)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't done it on your particular model but I've run cables on plenty of other cars. You shouldn't need to remove the head lining, or any seats. You should be able to access the aerial by removing the trim across the top of the tailgate opening. There are usually a few plastic rivets securing the headlining across the rear. Removing those should allow you to lower the rear of the head lining enough to remove the aerial. I would just route your additional coax cable from the aerial, over the top of the head lining and down the driver's side 'A' pillar along with the original areial cable. Removing the grab handles above the doors should allow you to lower the head lining enough to feed the cable through.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated
Thanks for the reply. I'll have a little scout at what you've suggested, as if I can get away with as little lining being moved as possible I'd be all for that. Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts