Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I recently took possession of a 2010 Tucson Limited. I am planning ahead to avoid the winter tire rush. Does anyone know the alternate tire sizes for this vehicle? I was planning on dropping a size or two to save some money on the winters.

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (jaykam @ Aug 16 2010, 04:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349757
Hi there!

I recently took possession of a 2010 Tucson Limited. I am planning ahead to avoid the winter tire rush. Does anyone know the alternate tire sizes for this vehicle? I was planning on dropping a size or two to save some money on the winters.

Thanks for any advice you can provide!
I also have the Ash Black Limited and last week I purchased 4 Michelin X-Ice Xi2 Size: 225/60R17 with Sport Edition SE-14(Bright Silver Paint) rims from tirerack. This was one of their recommendations. Not sure if this link will work or not. Maybe you can copy and paste the link. You can change the color of the vehicle at the top left. I'm also from Canada (Toronto) and had them shipped to an address across the border and picked them up from there. I claimed them at the border and was only charged HST.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/MiniWheelSe...ted&sw=1920

·
Registered
316 Posts
QUOTE (jaykam @ Aug 16 2010, 04:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349757
...I was planning on dropping a size or two to save some money on the winters.
Dropping a size as in going to higher profile/skinny tire or, dropping down to
17 or 16 inch?

The latter requires new winter wheels, not that a cheap steel set can't be
picked up. Or, a slightly higher profile 60 series tire, though the front wheel
well may be a tight fit on turns...

TireRack, et al, show Bridgestone Blizzaks in std 18" size, and while not
cheap, as you probably know, it is all about dedicated snow tires for
going in winter.
GL, md

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tire rack has amazingly informational videos and stats and do extensive testing. Your best bet is to go research what your needs are and go from there.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I noticed there's not much selection for 18" snow tires, but I've always been following these, I may get the 17" for my GLS when I need them. I haven't seen a bad review of these yet, and they are reasonably priced. They bear the "snowflake on the mountain" safety symbol on them too.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...on+Ice+%26+Snow

·
Registered
316 Posts
QUOTE (askov55 @ Aug 30 2010, 02:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353013
Hei,

I have Santa Fe winter tyres 235 / 65 x 17". Do these fit in ix35?

Thanks!
I assume you have GLS, with oe 17" wheels?

Using the handy dandy tire size calculator, that set of tires you have
should fit on Tuc's 17" wheels, but they are taller & slightly narrower tires,
(good for snow), but have a 3/10ths inch taller radius, a half inch wider/taller
diameter, and will under read on the speedo about 2%...
All size diff are approximate. The key will be, do they clear inside your
wheel wells, when mounted. Worth a shot, if the winter set is in good shape, imo.
GL, mD

http://www.powerdog.com/tiresize.cgi

·
Registered
954 Posts
Do some research.. my SF LTD has 18" alloys, but I drop to 16" in the winter.. I use the same size wheels and tires that the SF uses when they put 16's on them. In my personal opinion.. be very careful buying "Universal" steel rims.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The dealer told me 215/60/R16 will fit, but tirerack.com says 235/60/R16? Can anyone confirm the right size in a 16inch rim?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

i have the same question

i have a set of Toyo Obeserve GO2+ 225/65/16

if i check any tire calculator, the outside diameter have only 0.5% diference with original 18"

my question is can i buy a 16" steel wheel and use these tire on my limited 2010 with 225/55/18

someone in this thread donst recomend Universal steel rims, why?

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE (snef @ Sep 20 2010, 05:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357502
Hi,

i have the same question

i have a set of Toyo Obeserve GO2+ 225/65/16

if i check any tire calculator, the outside diameter have only 0.5% diference with original 18"

my question is can i buy a 16" steel wheel and use these tire on my limited 2010 with 225/55/18

someone in this thread donst recomend Universal steel rims, why?
Using this, (it's my fav. calculator) that's why I posted it here!:
http://www.205gti.com/techtyrecalc.htm
I put your numbers in, and there's less then 1% difference, actually .8% only about 1/4" difference in height, (which is 1/8" shorter from the centerline of your wheel) which is hardly noticable, (try this calculator yourself) Yes I would say you're fine using that size tire, & wheel, maybe the previous generation 16" Tucson alloy wheels would fit also. Width is also very close in size.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey All
I'm just new to the site. Ok, so I just bought a 2010 Tucson Limited and I'm wondering if the snows and black rims I had from a 2003 Altima would work? Im pretty sure the bolt diameter is correct on the rims but the tires are 215/60 R16 and my tires on the Tucson are 225/55 R18. Too much of a diffeerence?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts