Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

So as I mentioned in the title, I drive a 2010 Hyundai i20 1.6 petrol (manual transmission).

The engine idles at around 550-600rpm once warm. I've read another thread or two of people with similar issues, but in their case, the engine ran rough and would stall at idle.

My car runs smooth, and doesn't stall at idle, but 550-600rpm is low, right?

The reason why it bothers me is because I stall my car VERY easily. I've driven many other cars and never had an issue with stalling, but in this car, its a regular occurrence.
The conclusion I've come to is that it must be because the engine idles at such a low speed, so the second I start letting the clutch out, it bogs down and stalls.

I've got a bluetooth OBD reader and no error codes come up.

What else can I try to debug this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just sat with my OBD2 reader to take a video of all of the readings, and noticed that the car was actually idling around 650 now. I don't know if its slightly higher today due to the temperature or something, or if I was mistaken about it being as low as 550.

Would you say that 650 is abnormally low? Or should I be looking elsewhere to find something to blame for my stalling.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Contradictions make a mess out of a thread.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I mean is that it doesn't stall by itself at idle.
But I tend to stall the car as soon as I try pull away, and I suspect that's because it idles so low

Suppose it might be the same thing to someone who's more clued up than me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts