Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m hoping someone can assist , my check engine light went in a few months ago someone told me tighten my gas cap I did that the light went away , I just got my radiator hose replaced due to a leak , before leaving my mechanic it’s back on again , they checked with computer comes up Transmission Control system , it has 94K miles I never added fluid to it one would think my mechanic would check he just told me to take to trans shop
Does anyone know what type of transmission fluid my model takes ? Owners Manuel does not state thank you 😊

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I’m hoping someone can assist , my check engine light went in a few months ago someone told me tighten my gas cap I did that the light went away , I just got my radiator hose replaced due to a leak , before leaving my mechanic it’s back on again , they checked with computer comes up Transmission Control system , it has 94K miles I never added fluid to it one would think my mechanic would check he just told me to take to trans shop
Does anyone know what type of transmission fluid my model takes ? Owners Manuel does not state thank you 😊
Need the actual code.
P0700
U0101
Thank you

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
The U code is a network code related to the TCM (transmission module) having lost communication with the PCM (engine module). The P0700 is a code set by the TCM when it loses it's power source. They are related.
This could be a hiccup that will not show itself again for a loooong time and then again it may pop right back up.
If it's not leaking fluid you don't need to add any. It would not cause your problem anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you it’s strange it went away after someone told me replace gas cap which I did now it’s back , I never added trans fluid ever , it probably needs it though i just done know what type

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
The gas cap would be for an EVAP leak which is a different problem that turned on the light.
The trans does NOT have a tube to check fluid level or to add.
Is it leaking?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
What model is this Elantra ? 2010 is a changeover year. HD series ran until nov 2010 MD from Oct 2010.

HD had the 4 speed auto with a dipstick and used SP3 fluid

MD had the 6 speed. There's no dipstick but there's a plastic plug that can be removed on the top of the front cover to fill. A level check plug at the front bottom left of the cover . There's a particular process to check the level.

That takes Hyundai SP4 -m I believe.

Already stated though those codes are not related to the level. If there's no leaks and the fluid level was correct last fill it should be correct still.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The gas cap would be for an EVAP leak which is a different problem that turned on the light.
The trans does NOT have a tube to check fluid level or to add.
Is it leaking?
It was empty on antifreeze both resovior and radiator just got the radiator hose replaced , that’s when the engine light came on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts