Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang !
I’m hoping tech can help me out I just had my car at dealership my check engine light was on @94K , it’s my transmission!! I’m floored thank god I have power train warranty 10 year 100,000 . My question is is the timing belt covered to be replaced under warranty? I think it should be . They are replacing my transmission, however he mentioned the timing belt and gave me a price , however I’m looking at power train warranty I see no mention of that not being covered.
Also he told me , they gave independent contractor from warranty dept that is coming tomorrow to look at my vehicle to be sure it is my transmission, I only get 4 day rental and with it being the weekend no vehicle since I know they won’t order the parts until tomorrow I think I should get a longer rental since it’s the transmission
Thank you for your help

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Timing belt is a serviceable item and is your responsibility to change. Oil is a serviceable item as well. If that makes more sense.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Timing belt is a serviceable item and is your responsibility to change. Oil is a serviceable item as well. If that makes more sense.
Thank you for your reply , but timing belt is not listed under what’s not covered , i mean if that goes my engine blows it should be covered

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Thank you for your reply , but timing belt is not listed under what’s not covered , i mean if that goes my engine blows it should be covered
Are you saying that in 10 years and 94000miles you are on the original timing belt? If so, you are on borrowed time but this vehicle has been serviced to maintain it's wty?

So you want the belt replaced before or after it fails? At what point is it a warranty claim? When it fails and they point out it has a finite life and a scheduled replacement distance or time which needs to be adhered to?:unsure:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you saying that in 10 years and 94000miles you are on the original timing belt? If so, you are on borrowed time but this vehicle has been serviced to maintain it's wty?

So you want the belt replaced before or after it fails? At what point is it a warranty claim? When it fails and they point out it has a finite life and a scheduled replacement distance or time which needs to be adhered to?:unsure:
The handbook states 90 K it should be replaced it has failed yet , I’m still in shock that the transmission would go I work from home it has well below average mileage for 2010 nothing is stated in the warranty that’s timing is NOT covered I actually saw a few old posts on here stating it was covered bottom line if it’s not on my warranty paperwork then it should be covered

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The handbook states 90 K it should be replaced it has failed yet , I’m still in shock that the transmission would go I work from home it has well below average mileage for 2010 nothing is stated in the warranty that’s timing is NOT covered I actually saw a few old posts on here stating it was covered bottom line if it’s not on my warranty paperwork then it should be covered
Has NOT failed yet typo

·
Registered
211 Posts
You are responsible to follow the maintenance schedule as stated in the owner's manual. I'm sure it will say this in the warranty. This includes such things as oil changes and timing belt changes. The maintenance schedule for my 2011 Elantra calls for a timing belt change at 9 years or 82,000 miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are responsible to follow the maintenance schedule as stated in the owner's manual. I'm sure it will say this in the warranty. This includes such things as oil changes and timing belt changes. The maintenance schedule for my 2011 Elantra calls for a timing belt change at 9 years or 82,000 miles.
Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts