Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Glad to be here! PLEASE HELP ME. I am desperate now....

I bought a 2010 Hyundai Accent GS in May. The car has no radio in it but the dealer told me it has the "audio prep" package which means (he said) that you just have to put a radio in, the wiring is there. I did buy a radio from a local stereo shop. They told also sold me a "wiring harness" and a "dash kit" and said that I would need these things to install the radio into the car. Right now, my car has two plastic bins where the radio is to be installed. Is it possible to just remove a bin and slide a radio in? I cannot afford to have it installed professionally, so my dad is going to help me. We both have experience installing radios, but this one confuses both of u... already. What do I need to do to get that radio in my car? Do I have to remove the dash fascia? Do I even need the wiring harness and dash kit? ANY HELP is appreciated greatly, thank you in advance!

-Zach Thou.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
When you take the facia off, make sure you tape off around the lethery outside with something.  The dash it really easy to scratch, and it will bother you. Packaging tape works the best IMO.  It doesn't leave any residue behind like duct tape, and won't slide around or rip right through like scotch, or electric tape.

Start at one of the bottom corners with a thin flathead skrew driver, and start prying.  Then work your way to the other side.  Then you could start pulling it apart.  Be careful not to snap any of the plastic, but you will have to use a little force.

If I were you, I would definately use the wiering harness.  Cutting OEM wires is kind of unnecessary, when you could just plug the harness in.  Plus it's less messy.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (Leprakong @ Oct 31 2010, 02:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367646
If I were you, I would definately use the wiering harness.  Cutting OEM wires is kind of unnecessary, when you could just plug the harness in.  Plus it's less messy.
The wiring adapter makes things so much easier it's worth its weight in gold.

Oh and BTW, the OEM speakers are crap. They sound good at low volume but once you try to push them a bit, it's distortion galore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (burnitwithfire @ Oct 31 2010, 10:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367693
The wiring adapter makes things so much easier it's worth its weight in gold.

Oh and BTW, the OEM speakers are crap. They sound good at low volume but once you try to push them a bit, it's distortion galore.

I assumed that they would absolutely suck. I think I will definitely replace them in the future. Thanks for the tip :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (Leprakong @ Oct 31 2010, 01:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367646
When you take the facia off, make sure you tape off around the lethery outside with something.  The dash it really easy to scratch, and it will bother you. Packaging tape works the best IMO.  It doesn't leave any residue behind like duct tape, and won't slide around or rip right through like scotch, or electric tape.

Start at one of the bottom corners with a thin flathead skrew driver, and start prying.  Then work your way to the other side.  Then you could start pulling it apart.  Be careful not to snap any of the plastic, but you will have to use a little force.

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it. I will definitely use the harness!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'll be replacing my two cubby holes with THIS...

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Pro...ers/AVH-P3200BT

Definitely going to have 4-speakers in place of the blank space and i WANT to get two 8's in downfire boxes in the rear floorboards w/ an amp under the driver's seat. If funds allow i'll get an alarm and door-popper solenoids for both doors + the rear hatch... using the key is getting old, especially in the dark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts