Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light came on and when I took it to get it diagnosed, it had three error codes. I am looking for help to fix the error codes.

P0497 - Evaporative Emission System Low Purge Flow
P0451 - Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor/Switch Range/Performance
P0455 - Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (gross leak/no flow)

Do I need to do a smoke test to figure this out or do I need to just start replacing parts (Canister Purge Valve, Purge Valve Solenoid), etc.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
You could get lucky with a purge valve. Smoke test is probably $125 or so.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just went through this. I think mine were 497 and 455. Not sure though. Anyway it was a leak. I had to change my evap canister. It was leaking. Also the purge valve. Had a smoke test done. You can get the purge valves for around $20-25 on eBay. I bought a dealer canister cause it's all I could find. Didn't want used.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. 497 and 507 were the ones I had. Just found some info I had.

Thank you for the feedback. I replaced my purge valve and the solenoid also. I did have one question. Which way should the arrow be pointing to? Should the arrow be pointing towards the throttle body or towards the canister?

Thank you,

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,597 Posts
Should the arrow be pointing towards the throttle body or towards the canister?
It points in the direction the fuel vapours flow, so towards the throttle body.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, saw recent post as I am cruising this awesome site so signed up and wanted to share! I got a '10 Accent had coils replaced about 2 years ago, last winter had to replace power steering pump that blew in the upstate frigid of night in parking garage. (After living with a awful screech for months and tightening up bolts attached to pulley any time I checked the tires)....3 months after new one the infamous screeching returned!! Many other Hyundais around town have same issue, so they get a wave as they are turning left at the intersection.

Last inspection had codes cleared drove it around a bit before got lucky and passed! Great but had purge valve replacement recommend..Check engine light came back on within a month.. Now the inspection is due.. NON Hyundai mechanic cannot get Monitors to reset when hookin car up for inspection...

I'm out of time on inspection now. Planning to drive car the football field distance in parking lot over to the hyundai bros side.. Anyone have this happen before and know ball park cost?

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Hey guys, saw recent post as I am cruising this awesome site so signed up and wanted to share! I got a '10 Accent had coils replaced about 2 years ago, last winter had to replace power steering pump that blew in the upstate frigid of night in parking garage. (After living with a awful screech for months and tightening up bolts attached to pulley any time I checked the tires)....3 months after new one the infamous screeching returned!! Many other Hyundais around town have same issue, so they get a wave as they are turning left at the intersection.

Last inspection had codes cleared drove it around a bit before got lucky and passed! Great but had purge valve replacement recommend..Check engine light came back on within a month.. Now the inspection is due.. NON Hyundai mechanic cannot get Monitors to reset when hookin car up for inspection...

I'm out of time on inspection now. Planning to drive car the football field distance in parking lot over to the hyundai bros side.. Anyone have this happen before and know ball park cost?
Best to start your own thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts