Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Hyundai Accent 1.6l, I have replaced the camshaft and crankshaft position sensor, the fuel pump and the charcoal canister. The car started and ran for about 25 mins with no problems. Then the car died and will not stay running . It is not showing any codes from the scanner. I can get it to start and run for a few minutes with starting fluid but then it is like it is starved for fuel. Shaking my head. Anything I have missed ? I have also put fresh fuel in the tank. It is almost like it has bad fuel. Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
I have replaced the camshaft and crankshaft position sensor, the fuel pump and the charcoal canister.
Jeez, you obviously like a good game of parts darts :smile:

Have you checked that there is power being supplied to the fuel pump DURING CRANK?

When you replaced the fuel pump did you replace the complete tank unit assembly or did you split it and just replace the pump itself?

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Why the canister? Did you clean out all pellets from lines and valves? What is the fuel pressure?

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Well, you know it is a fuel system issue by getting the engine to run on starter fluid
When replacing fuel pump, sometimes there is an O ring
which needs to be moved or replaced onto the new pump
You get fuel pressure for a moment. Then it dies.
Could also be a hole or leak in the fuel pump or regulator

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To respond to the questions, I replaced the canister because I was getting random evap codes and the canister weighted more than three pounds. Which ten years ago when I worked at a Hyundai dealer the protocall was to replace the canister. The vechicle was throughing codes for the cam and crankshaft sensor at different times replaced them and those codes did not return. I replaced just the fuel pump not the whole in tank unit. I don't have a gauge to see what the fuel pressure is at the fuel rail. And yes I have power to the fuel while cranking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts