Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i'm new to this forum ans I have a 2010 Hyundai Accent 3doors, manual. As you may have heard of it, there are new "Hyundai Performance (HyPer)" accessories available in Canada. I live in Canada and I bought the cat-back set. Now that I have some more HyPer stuff on it, I would like to get a new exhaust collector and mid-pipe BUT while getting my car on my school's lift, I discovered I had TWO catalytic converters and TWO oxygen sensors! one before the first cat and the other one after the first cat... If I buy a new collector/midpipe and take off my "precat", won't the sensors screw up all my performance?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
The first O2 sensor is the important one. The second one just tells the ECU if the Cat is doing its work properly. Some headers don't have a second sensor port so you'll have to weld a bung to the header and put spark plug foulers on the O2 sensor to prevent a check engine light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! It annoyed me to have the catback and still the original tiny collector. Does anyone know about a good site where we can find Hyundai parts? (Performance and styling?

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
There's pretty much only 1 that's not a Hyundai dealership lol.

KFXPerformance.com is pretty much the biggest supplier for any aftermarket stuff for our car, that is specifically for our car. Custom work is probably going to become a staple of your modding experience with the Accent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, thank you Feebo for the quick reply!
Bloodninja, I already knew KFX but wondered if they sold good stuff. I saw a 3400$ turbo kit, but is it realllllly complete? I guess we all know how complicated is the installation of a turbo!
They also offer a exhaust collector set w/ mid-pipe for 250$ I think. Seems interresting to me!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts