Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked at a GS on Saturday and loved it. I was wondering what the real world difference is between the GS and the Blue? I know what the EPA says, but what have you experienced? Also, can one have cruise control installed on the Blue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
339 Posts
i have a 2010 blue and get at least 31mpg.

i have gotten mid 30's easily since new. Seems to do better around town where i live versus on high speed highway > 70mph.

if i keep it around 70 or less, i can get 35 on highway and up to 38/39 if i go 60-65.

from work to home, 12 miles of mostly 55, i can get 41mpg per scan guage.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response, silver.

As far as being an inch lower I'm not sure.

I've decided that I am going to buy an Accent in November and am debating between the GS and the Blue. It seems like a win either way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (S. Miller @ Sep 28 2010, 12:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359377
Thanks for the response, silver.

As far as being an inch lower I'm not sure.

I've decided that I am going to buy an Accent in November and am debating between the GS and the Blue. It seems like a win either way.
I just bought the GS for my wife in mid July. We regularly get 30-33 mpg with mostly city driving, and the ac on. On roadtrips, even with ac on, I normally get around 34-36 mpg, mostly highway driving 65-75 mph.

It's been nothing but a pleasure with the GS so far. I hope it continues for many years to come.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lines, thanks for the info. I have another question for Hyundai owners. Does Hyundai offer rust-proofing of any sort? What does it cost and is it worth it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I can't remember where, but somewhere I heard that the bottom of our Hyundais aren't made of bare metal like how ford makes their cars.  They're made of some sort of alloy so they won't rust out on the bottom.  Just what I heard.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
all 2010 5 speed models have a revised 5th gear ratio from previous years, resulting in lower rpms on the highway.

I have an 09 SE, on my recent roadtrip I was seeing as high as 38mpg highway at 70 mph. I was pretty surprised. I was very conscious of throttle input on the trip (no cruise control) and would draft other cars when possible.

Lately commuting I get around 33mpg.

I am starting to think based on all the mpg talk on here, the model doesnt make that much of a difference, just buy the accent you want, they all get nearly the same mileage when driven economically.

·
Registered
116 Posts
QUOTE (S. Miller @ Sep 28 2010, 04:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359464
lines, thanks for the info. I have another question for Hyundai owners. Does Hyundai offer rust-proofing of any sort? What does it cost and is it worth it?
Never heard of further undercoating. The underside comes from the factory with a protective undercoat which must be adequate to offer such a long rust warrantee--even more so when you consider the KIA's longer warrantee--and I believe they have identical factory protection.

·
Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE (S. Miller @ Sep 27 2010, 06:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359222
I just looked at a GS on Saturday and loved it. I was wondering what the real world difference is between the GS and the Blue? I know what the EPA says, but what have you experienced? Also, can one have cruise control installed on the Blue?

Thanks!
We discussed this earlier in another thread: I don't think there is a Blue Trim for 2011. They have the GL, which is very similar, and the EPA rating is identical to that of GS (28/34). EPA seems to have rated a Blue trim for 2011 (26/36), but nobody saw that car sold in the US. In any case, the average mileage is about the same, the Blue is better on the highway, while the GS/GL is better in the city. The reason is probably shorter gears in the GL.

I have a new '11 GL, but I only have 670 miles on it, and so far I'm keeping the break-in suggestions in the Users' Manual by revving the engine a bit higher (between 2000 and 4000 RPM). My mileage is about 26-28, city only.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a leftover 09 SE about a month ago. It had 50 miles on it. I have put 3100 on it and have gotten between 30-36 MPG at every fill up with a combination of city and hwy. Thats without even trying to get good mileage.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've made up my mind to get a GS w/ CC installed. What other options would you recommend or advise against? At $95.00, I think I'll forgo the floor mats.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts