Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked at a GS on Saturday and loved it. I was wondering what the real world difference is between the GS and the Blue? I know what the EPA says, but what have you experienced? Also, can one have cruise control installed on the Blue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
339 Posts
i have a 2010 blue and get at least 31mpg.

i have gotten mid 30's easily since new. Seems to do better around town where i live versus on high speed highway > 70mph.

if i keep it around 70 or less, i can get 35 on highway and up to 38/39 if i go 60-65.

from work to home, 12 miles of mostly 55, i can get 41mpg per scan guage.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response, silver.

As far as being an inch lower I'm not sure.

I've decided that I am going to buy an Accent in November and am debating between the GS and the Blue. It seems like a win either way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (S. Miller @ Sep 28 2010, 12:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359377
Thanks for the response, silver.

As far as being an inch lower I'm not sure.

I've decided that I am going to buy an Accent in November and am debating between the GS and the Blue. It seems like a win either way.
I just bought the GS for my wife in mid July. We regularly get 30-33 mpg with mostly city driving, and the ac on. On roadtrips, even with ac on, I normally get around 34-36 mpg, mostly highway driving 65-75 mph.

It's been nothing but a pleasure with the GS so far. I hope it continues for many years to come.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
all 2010 5 speed models have a revised 5th gear ratio from previous years, resulting in lower rpms on the highway.

I have an 09 SE, on my recent roadtrip I was seeing as high as 38mpg highway at 70 mph. I was pretty surprised. I was very conscious of throttle input on the trip (no cruise control) and would draft other cars when possible.

Lately commuting I get around 33mpg.

I am starting to think based on all the mpg talk on here, the model doesnt make that much of a difference, just buy the accent you want, they all get nearly the same mileage when driven economically.

·
Registered
116 Posts
QUOTE (S. Miller @ Sep 28 2010, 04:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359464
lines, thanks for the info. I have another question for Hyundai owners. Does Hyundai offer rust-proofing of any sort? What does it cost and is it worth it?
Never heard of further undercoating. The underside comes from the factory with a protective undercoat which must be adequate to offer such a long rust warrantee--even more so when you consider the KIA's longer warrantee--and I believe they have identical factory protection.

·
Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE (S. Miller @ Sep 27 2010, 06:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359222
I just looked at a GS on Saturday and loved it. I was wondering what the real world difference is between the GS and the Blue? I know what the EPA says, but what have you experienced? Also, can one have cruise control installed on the Blue?

Thanks!
We discussed this earlier in another thread: I don't think there is a Blue Trim for 2011. They have the GL, which is very similar, and the EPA rating is identical to that of GS (28/34). EPA seems to have rated a Blue trim for 2011 (26/36), but nobody saw that car sold in the US. In any case, the average mileage is about the same, the Blue is better on the highway, while the GS/GL is better in the city. The reason is probably shorter gears in the GL.

I have a new '11 GL, but I only have 670 miles on it, and so far I'm keeping the break-in suggestions in the Users' Manual by revving the engine a bit higher (between 2000 and 4000 RPM). My mileage is about 26-28, city only.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a leftover 09 SE about a month ago. It had 50 miles on it. I have put 3100 on it and have gotten between 30-36 MPG at every fill up with a combination of city and hwy. Thats without even trying to get good mileage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.