Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my 2010 Tuscon GLS FWD in Graphite Gray the other day and absolutely love it. Thanks to the information on this forum, I also bought a Curt hitch to go with it so I can use my bike rack. The install of the hitch was pretty easy. It took just a bit of wiggling to get the hitch past the muffler tip and the rear bumper cover, but it went. After that it was simple as pie.

I really like to ride of the vehicle. I'm coming from a 2003 Toyota Highlander which rode much softer. Granted, it had 150K miles on it when the engine died, thus requiring me to find a new vehicle. After Toyota told me to go get bent, even though my issue is a relatively common one on the 4 cyclinder Highlander of that era, I vowed not to even look at another Highlander or RAV 4.

I looked at the Honda CRV & Element (didn't like the styling of either), Ford Escape (too boxy and not enough features), Nissan Rogue (just kind of blah), Hyundai Santa Fe (too big) & the Hyundai Tuscon (just right).

Obviously I chose the Tuscon and couldn't be happier. I have nice soft, perforated leather seats along with the Popular Equipment package. And, as mentioned above, a Curt Class III hitch.

At some point I'd like to get a cargo liner and possibly some window vent shades. Still unsure of how they'll look though. I'd also like to get some of the all weather floor mats as well.

Anyhow, just wanted to pass along some thanks for the information that I gleamed from you guys here to help me make my decision to buy the Tuscon. Hopefully, after driving it for a while, I'll be able to repay the favor to others who may be looking for a new vehicle and are considering the Tuscon.

MG.

·
1,914 Posts
Congrats on the Tucson in a very nice color!

Were you shocked at Escape prices? I work at a dealer where we have ford and 4 banger XLT can go for $25k without many options. You can get a Santa Fe for that price. Escapes do sell very well though.

Did you have the oil sludge problem with the highlander?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ Jun 27 2010, 11:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=336530
Congrats on the Tucson in a very nice color!

Were you shocked at Escape prices? I work at a dealer where we have ford and 4 banger XLT can go for $25k without many options. You can get a Santa Fe for that price. Escapes do sell very well though.

Did you have the oil sludge problem with the highlander?
The Escapes were a little higher, but not a night and day difference. They just seemed too boxy and it felt like I was driving a vehicle that was a few years old, both in looks and how it rode.

My problem with the Highlander was that the head gasket blew due to the bolts stripping from the block. A quick search on Google using terms like "head gasket, stripped bolts, overheating" yielded loads of results of others having the same issue as me. Toyota has received numerous complaints on this issue but only fixed a few of them. I was told that I was lucky to get 150K miles out of the engine in the first place. So much for Toyotas going on forever and ever.

This is my first Hyundai, so I hope I made the right decision in getting one. I tried to do as much research as I could, so hopefully it'll pay off with a long lasting vehicle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome! It's great to hear you are happy with your purchase. It's a great deal with everything they load into it at the price tag.

The more I drive mine, the more I love it. I've had it for over a month now, and my husband has only been able to drive it twice so far - mine! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts