Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a Hyundai Getz that has electric side mirrors ( They probably all have these ) The mirror will go side to side but not up and down.I can hear the motor going but it dos'nt move.Any idea's to repair

·
1,462 Posts
If you can hear the little servo motors going for both movements (let-right or up-down), it means there is nothing wrong with the electrical parts of the mirror. In this case, I suspect something is broken or not properly latched inside the mirror's mechanism.

You can remove the mirror and try to reove the glass (pry out) to check if there is something broken or loose inside.

RB

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Robert B. @ Jul 11 2010, 06:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340624
If you can hear the little servo motors going for both movements (let-right or up-down), it means there is nothing wrong with the electrical parts of the mirror. In this case, I suspect something is broken or not properly latched inside the mirror's mechanism.

You can remove the mirror and try to reove the glass (pry out) to check if there is something broken or loose inside.

RB
Thanks. Yes I thought that would be the case with something not latching behind the mirror.
How is the mirror removed ( There's probably clips holding it in but concerned about breaking something and how does the glass come away ,is it glued

·
1,462 Posts
QUOTE (fitzsi @ Jul 10 2010, 09:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340662
Thanks. Yes I thought that would be the case with something not latching behind the mirror.
How is the mirror removed ( There's probably clips holding it in but concerned about breaking something and how does the glass come away ,is it glued

Here's the only two pages included in the service manual for door mirrors. It doesn't even say a word about power mirrors, just the mechanism and install procedure. Maybe the drawings can shed some light here. I do have the electrical part for the mirrors, but in your case, it seems its all a mechanical problem.

RB

[attachment=19348:GETZ_DOOR_MIRRORS.pdf][

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Robert B. @ Jul 14 2010, 12:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341393
Here's the only two pages included in the service manual for door mirrors. It doesn't even say a word about power mirrors, just the mechanism and install procedure. Maybe the drawings can shed some light here. I do have the electrical part for the mirrors, but in your case, it seems its all a mechanical problem.

RB

[attachment=19348:GETZ_DOOR_MIRRORS.pdf][
Thanks heaps for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts