Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello hopefully someone can help me. My sunroof is stuck open in the tilt position. I opened it and then when I went to close it and it would not close all the way. When I click the button to close it the window moves down but then makes a clicking sound and stops before closing all the way. Nothing looks broken but then I can’t say I’ve ever looked at the set up of it either. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,369 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Genesis Coupe because they aren't sold here in the UK. On the older Hyundai coupe there was a tool supplied with the car that was used to manually close the sunroof if the electric motor failed. If you don't have the tool it's basically just a 5mm allen key wrench. To access the sunroof motor you need to remove the interior light/roof console. You then insert the allen key wrench into the small hole on the motor (see below) and turn the wrench to close the roof.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried turning both left and right. Too tight...not sure which way to turn.

·
Registered
14,369 Posts
I'm not sure which direction you should turn the tool, but it should rotate in either direction. One way will raise the roof and the other will lower it. It also doesn't matter if the ignition is on or off.

If your unable to manually close the roof using the tool the next thing I would do is remove the motor and just press down on the roof with my hand. If it still wont close something in the roof mechanism is seized.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well thankfully we were able to fix it! It turned out the track was broken (cracked). We used a butter knife to hold the track up where it was cracked and then manually closed the window using the allen key. When the little knob (best description I have) passed the part of the track that was cracked the sunroof closed perfectly.
Thank you so much to everyone that helped me!

·
Registered
14,369 Posts
Great to hear you managed to get it closed. Thanks for taking the time to post the update (y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts