Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to you all, I just got a used 130k miles 2010 Elantra. When I was test driving everything works fine. But I drove 60mph and the engines shakes badly anytime I stepped on break. Now it's when I start the car even without moving at all. This is a car that I thought i could use for a while. Please I'm opened to all ideas.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Possible motor mounts. If you have someone in the car with the brake on and rev the engine a little and you stand looking at the engine you should see it move when the engine is revved. If so, bad motor mounts. If that is it; not a huge issue but not sure what cost to repair would be. However, you noted that it shakes when the brakes are applied, that could mean a different issue.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Shakes when it brakes.. rotors. Not that expensive, $40-$60 each. Hopefully the caliper brake bolts will come off easy. Of course, don't go to the dealer for that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Possible motor mounts. If you have someone in the car with the brake on and rev the engine a little and you stand looking at the engine you should see it move when the engine is revved. If so, bad motor mounts. If that is it; not a huge issue but not sure what cost to repair would be. However, you noted that it shakes when the brakes are applied, that could mean a different issue.
Thanks.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Could also be pads... poor quality pads that are degassing would create pulsation.
Not to mention some parts being worn, even tie rod ends - they will cause wobble that may transfer under load change and cause shaking feeling to the steering wheel.
And the steering wheel will shake, but not really the pedal itself, which on the other hand - pads will cause mainly pulsation on the pedal, with some on the steering wheel.

A good troubleshooting may be needed...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could also be pads... poor quality pads that are degassing would create pulsation.
Not to mention some parts being worn, even tie rod ends - they will cause wobble that may transfer under load change and cause shaking feeling to the steering wheel.
And the steering wheel will shake, but not really the pedal itself, which on the other hand - pads will cause mainly pulsation on the pedal, with some on the steering wheel.

A good troubleshooting may be needed...
Thanks. It really helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts