Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum ...and in need of anyone's assistance. I was told that my RR shock's seal is broken and goodyear recommended that I get both rear shock and strut assembly and have no clue where to find the brand name for the part I should order. Any awesome car guys out there to please lead me in the right direction? All I know is my friend recommended me to use any brand, just to avoid anything made by monroe. Any good website to begin to look for parts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like rockauto.com the most, though I sometimes use Amazon or Ebay. Rock Auto is good to show you a list of compatible parts based on quality/budget. Then you can take that part number and shop around, if you wish.

·
Registered
307 Posts
A few ways of doing it.
From dealer asking for part number and price (sometimes they may get you a decent pricing...) and then go shop yourself with this part number.
Or check struts manufacturers for part number and do search same way - Amazon, eBay, RockAuto, local auto parts stores...

And finally, get a quote from a local shop.

But a question for you.
How many miles you have on it?
When was front done?

I am thinking... if rear needs it, how is the front?
If the front is same old - do all of them.

I know, I know - the cost. But man, you will be shocked how new shocks change the ride quality. Of course do not forget all the rubbery parts that go with.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Beware of franchise shops like Goodyear, AAMCO etc.
Get a second opinion from an independent shop.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I believe for the rear, its only the shock. You don't need to change the entire assembly since I don't believe there is an assembly for the rear.

On the newer elantra (2011-2016), some people have replaced the rears with KYB gas-a-shocks with great results (better than stock), but i couldn't find a definitive better alternative than the stock ones for this gen.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forum ...and in need of anyone's assistance. I was told that my RR shock's seal is broken and goodyear recommended that I get both rear shock and strut assembly and have no clue where to find the brand name for the part I should order. Any awesome car guys out there to please lead me in the right direction? All I know is my friend recommended me to use any brand, just to avoid anything made by monroe. Any good website to begin to look for parts?
Whatever you go with do both sides. Forget about doing the fronts if they are not leaking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts