Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2010 Elantra as a pre-owned with 42,000 KM. It was a rental car so no doubt had lots of drivers. When I cruise at 60 km, I get a strange vibration or rough feel almost as though it will not advance to the next gear without a bit of a push on the gas pedal. (it's an automatic transmission). It's like driving on a dirt road, but only at 60 km. The dealer test drove it a couple of times and even had me test drive with them. Of course, the problem never happens to the extent I experience it with a technician in the car so they will not believe me. Their conclusion is the car is not getting enough gas when it hits 60 km, but they offer no fix or solutions. I studied forums where people had a similar problem at 60 km and the topic of resetting the adaptive learning came up, but it was not conclusive that this solved the problem. Others actually had the transmission replaced under warranty when the dealer agreed the transmission was faulty, but my dealer says all is well. Is resetting the adaptive learning a risky thing to do or could it lead to more problems? This is not a big deal. It's more of an annoyance as the performance of the car is not affected. I just don't like the feel of the rough handling at 60 km. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been driving my 2008 Hyundai Elantra for 5 years now since it came brand new off the lot. I know exactly how these cars are supposed to drive. I know exactly what you are talking about too. When the car gets to about 40mph the transmission shifts to the highest gear possible so the engine isn't at a high RPM (therefore better gas mileage). Because it is in the highest gear at such a low speed, the car tends to shake a little bit when you accelerate. This is normal and just the nature of the car. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have not been on the site since your reply. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. It is a relief to know this is normal. I am quite used to it now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts