Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to replace a cabin filter on a 2010 Sonata, and I'm getting two separate part numbers for it.

97133-0A000

and

08790-2G000A

I've heard bits and pieces about different filters being required based on vehicle production dates - i.e. that vehicles produced later in the cycle may have required a different part number. Are there production codes, dates, or VINs associated with each of these part numbers? I understand the 97133-0A000 was the earlier, and the 08790-2G000A was the later. I just don't know where the line is drawn.

Thanks!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I remember when I was replacing cabin air filter in my 2010 Sonata GLS local parts store told me there were two possibilities so as far as I remember I pulled the one I had in the car and bought it into the store to make sure I get the right one. The first one we tried did not match the old one so I think they are different. I would recommend taking your old filter to the store and checking there, or take measurements.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I cut my own from permanent filters. They do the job and cost pennies/filter. I have four I cut a few years ago and will replace mine this year. I change it once a year. All it really needs to do is keep the leaves, squirells and assorted vermin out. :)

·
22,794 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts