Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace a cabin filter on a 2010 Sonata, and I'm getting two separate part numbers for it.

97133-0A000

and

08790-2G000A

I've heard bits and pieces about different filters being required based on vehicle production dates - i.e. that vehicles produced later in the cycle may have required a different part number. Are there production codes, dates, or VINs associated with each of these part numbers? I understand the 97133-0A000 was the earlier, and the 08790-2G000A was the later. I just don't know where the line is drawn.

Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
not sure if this helps, but Rockauto lists those numbers together as alternate part numbers. Seem to me that both would fit.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I remember when I was replacing cabin air filter in my 2010 Sonata GLS local parts store told me there were two possibilities so as far as I remember I pulled the one I had in the car and bought it into the store to make sure I get the right one. The first one we tried did not match the old one so I think they are different. I would recommend taking your old filter to the store and checking there, or take measurements.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I cut my own from permanent filters. They do the job and cost pennies/filter. I have four I cut a few years ago and will replace mine this year. I change it once a year. All it really needs to do is keep the leaves, squirells and assorted vermin out. :)

·
22,788 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
There are two filters depending on your build date. I went to the dealer bought one went to put it in and it didn't fit turns out the one they have me was for the later build date, mine was the 1st date.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts