Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a 2010 Hyundai Accent Blue, 141k miles.
I'm pretty amateur when it comes to maintenance so it's no surprise that it's got a few issues. Yesterday I was on a long drive and the check engine light came on, showing error codes P0339 and P0106.
Now, I know there are several potential causes for both codes. But I think it's unlikely that there could be two separate problems causing two separate codes. Is there a single issue that could be causing both codes?
There are a couple other things I've noticed that could be relevant. The PS belt squeals whenever I turn very far in either direction (I changed the belt myself around 20k miles ago, so it might not be a perfect installation) and it seems to take slightly longer to start than usual. But I don't think it's the starter, as I changed that last year.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,111 Posts
I can't think of any common link between the crank sensor & MAP sensor. Did you check the freeze frame data for each code to see under what conditions they were logged? I assume you erased the codes. Have they been logged again since?

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
I'd change the crank sensor. They usually don't give a warning and you might get stranded if it fails. Worry about the other one later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts