Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All -

I have a couple of problems I'm hoping someone can help with.

1. My radio resets all of the user programmed settings everytime the vehicle is turned off

2. I cannot load or eject CDs

3. There's a random red wire present in my fuse box going to a fuse slot that according to my diagram should be empty

Background:
I have a 2009 Veracruz Limited that was taken to the dealership about a month ago to have the recent recall work completed. While there I mentioned I was having an issue with the electric tilt not working properly. I could only move the steering wheel tilt down after moving it up first.

After picking the vehicle up and getting it home I realized the stereo unit would reset the programmed stations when the vehicle was turned off for an extended period of time and I could no longer load or eject CDs.

What is particularly curious, is that the radio only resets after the car has been turned off for an extended period of time (I haven't tested to figure out how long it takes, but every morning the stations are reset and the radio is off when the car is first started).

The dealership, Bob Bell Hyundai, is telling me its a coincidence and I'm not confident their going to fix it. With that said I've done some reading on this site and other and have already checked the Audio 1 and Audio 2 fuses. Both are intact and have not been blown.

While looking at the fuses I noticed a random red wire present in the fuse box that appears to connect to a 15 amp fuse. The 15 amp fuse is located between the 15A RR S/HTR and the 20A C/Lighter, and according to the diagram on my fuse panel cover, this fuse should be empty.

I have no idea what this wire is for and I'm wondering if it's somehow related to my radio / CD player not functioning correctly.

If anyone has any advice / suggestions please let me know. This is driving me nuts and I can't find help anywhere.

I've attached a picture of the fuse box and fuse box cover in case that helps.

Thanks

Tony

Attachments

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
couple of questions to get started.

1 - did you buy the car new or used?

2 - if used, original owner could have had aftermarket audio system installed and replaced with factory upon trade-in. there could be a fuse in the back of the radio itself for memory that is blown -OR-

3 - the memory wire (or constant on) sometimes orange in cars, could be broken or cut.

4 - can you not trace that random red wire to see where it goes? i do not have that red wire in my '08.

5 - my cd player gets really hot when playing cd's, although, i have the navigation model that you have to open to insert cd/dvd. there have been times after a long trip that the cd won't eject because it's so freaking hot (like burn your hands hot if you touch the unit). after letting it cool down for awhile, i'll eject cd next time i am in car. also, don't use any cd's with a label affixed to them.

in a nutshell, i'd start with the red wire and trace that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fear24 - thanks for the quick reply. I'm going to try and trace that wire this weekend when I have some more time to look at it.

The car was bought new, but your comment got me thinking. We had the dealership install a DVD player in the backseat (flips down from the roof of the vehichle...I'm thinking this red wire is the power wire for that. We'll see this weekend.

If anyone has instructions on how to remove the dash/radio I'd very much appreciate it. I'd like to pull the radio out and take a look at it. I'd also ask for pictures / instructions for identifying the memory wire located at the back of the radio, so I can trace it and verify the wire hasn't been pinched / compromised somewhere.

The CD player is not hot and I've tried loading other CD's and ejecting the CD's that are currently in the unit when the vehicle is first turned on in the morning and the CD player won't load or eject.

I'm able to place a CD in the CD player slot, however, when I try and push it into the player, the motor kicks in and pushes the CD out.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Your red wire is not a Hyundai assemble wire,, they dont stick cut wire under fuse leg, been added in by somebody..

Radio,, maybe internal fault, as you state CD wont load/unload.. likely beyond 3/36 for audio coverage,, but might check if dealer will send unit to to MOBIS for repair (in CA).. we ben sending radios and NAV to them for a bit now.

Your radio removal can be found at www.hyundaitechinfo.com in the SHOP and REPLACE pages

1 - 4 of 4 Posts