Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Sep 26 2010, 05:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358960
No, and you have the more powerful redesigned V6 with 249 HP. Plenty of pep, although the previous 236 hp engine is a beast and might be a tad stronger? :p
so how is the 236 hp motor more powerfull/stronger than the 249 hp motor? new to this and dont really understand how the 236 hp motor can be stronger/more powerfull? and that sucks that there are no performance upgrades!

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (melissa.928 @ Sep 26 2010, 05:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358963
so how is the 236 hp motor more powerful/stronger than the 249 hp motor? new to this and don't really understand how the 236 hp motor can be stronger/more powerful? and that sucks that there are no performance upgrades!
I only say that because the first models to hit the streets reportedly didn't have a speed limiter, and the bottom line is only 2 extra hp to the redesigned engine. To the

best of my knowledge, no 2009 is on record as beating the current Hyundai forums speed record of 152, although some say that is a fake record, and it isn't.

Again not much you can do, but I predict a K & N post coming up. Do you not feel like you have enough thrust? The 3.3 is stronger than my old mopar big block V8

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
Don't worry, your 249 hp engine is more powerful than the previous 236 :thumbsup:

If you really do some search here, you may bump into some threads here talking about different power boost "technics", turning out to be insignificant at best. This car is a family car, and very few owners have expressed real interests in what you're interested, so I don't think you'll find the commercial kits you're interested in.

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Sep 26 2010, 05:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358969
I only say that because the first models to hit the streets reportedly didn't have a speed limiter, and the bottom line is only 2 extra hp to the redesigned engine. To the

best of my knowledge, no 2009 is on record as beating the current Hyundai forums speed record of 152, although some say that is a fake record, and it isn't.

Again not much you can do, but I predict a K & N post coming up. Do you not feel like you have enough thrust? The 3.3 is stronger than my old mopar big block V8
how is it only 2 hp more when it is 236 vs 249. im not trying to be a pest im just here to learn.

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (mamamia @ Sep 26 2010, 05:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358970
Don't worry, your 249 hp engine is more powerful than the previous 236 :thumbsup:

If you really do some search here, you may bump into some threads here talking about different power boost "technics", turning out to be insignificant at best. This car is a family car, and very few owners have expressed real interests in what you're interested, so I don't think you'll find the commercial kits you're interested in.
im only asking and am trying to find info on power upgrades cause ive heard of the 2009 v6 se beating the 2009 camry v6 in a quarter mile. cant believe it but they said both cars were stock. and the 2009 v6 sonata won. with multiple races driven. maybe i should not listen to these people. i think if the hyundai did win there must of been some kind of power upgrade. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR WISDOM ON THIS SUBJECT!

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (melissa.928 @ Sep 26 2010, 06:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358972
how is it only 2 hp more when it is 236 vs 249. im not trying to be a pest im just here to learn.
An extra 2 hp to the wheels. I would have never even said that if I had read any reports of a 09 V6 Sonata taking on an 06, 07, or 08. You won't find one here.

Always wanted to see an 09/06 Video but you won't find one of those either. :trophy:

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
An extra 2 hp to the wheels. I would have never even said that if I had read any reports of a 09 V6 Sonata taking on an 06, 07, or 08. You won't find one here.

Always wanted to see an 09/06 Video but you won't find one of those either. :trophy:
[/quote
Maybe if i get the chance ill post one. meaning a 2006/7/8 nyundai sonata v6 vs a 2009 hyundai sonata se v6 1/4 mile race. i dont have the ability to do that now but maybe in the future. i have seen proof of a 2007 running a 14.8 1/4 mile this is a stock 2007 se. you can see the time slip on dragtimes.com. thats pretty dam quick for a family car. but ive been told the 2009 se v6 can run 14.3 all day long and both vehicles were stock. thats why im asking you guys. i just cant seem to believe the 2009 se v6 can run those times. dont get me wrong my car seems to have good power but i dont know if it would run a 14.3.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Maybe if i get the chance ill post one. meaning a 2006/7/8 nyundai sonata v6 vs a 2009 hyundai sonata se v6 1/4 mile race. i dont have the ability to do that now but maybe in the future. i have seen proof of a 2007 running a 14.8 1/4 mile this is a stock 2007 se. you can see the time slip on dragtimes.com. thats pretty dam quick for a family car. but ive been told the 2009 se v6 can run 14.3 all day long and both vehicles were stock. thats why im asking you guys. i just cant seem to believe the 2009 se v6 can run those times. dont get me wrong my car seems to have good power but i dont know if it would run a 14.3.
[/quote]

uhm i dont know about everyone else on here but im sure there are a few who would agree with me when i say those times look to be complete bs, now as much as i love my sonata I know for a fact stock it couldnt manage no 14.8 or 14.3 like you've been told. more like 15.3s all day long is like it. you can look all day long at car magazine archives an the closest any stock 06-08 sonata has come to that is something like [email protected] and from what I can tell that is with the Traction control off and with the car in manumatic mode so that the engine revs all the way to the 6500rpm redline for shifts...or close to it. an from what ive read the 09-10 even though stated to have more power have reprogrammed transmissions so that they shift well before that even in manumatic mode thats why the 06-08's are stated to be quicker despite power difference. an from what i can also tell by looking at the numbers most magazines there are a few who quote the sonata even slower then that....an who know maybe they didnt turn the ecs off an put it into manumatic mode. but hey if someone has better proof then just some kids alleged times with a "stock" sonata faster then low 15's in the 1/4 then please tell me how. and i say stock cause i know and have seen v33's vids where he has hit high-mid 14's in his but thats with wider sportier tires, intake,exhaust, better sparks and whatever else he has got or tried an still cant hit low 14's.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
4,858 Posts
Well the 152mph Sonata is mine and its real. I have several vids to prove it time and time again. the 06 is a stronger engine over the 09 even with the extra power. the 09 model actually has a lower rpm shift point causing the car to be slightly slower then the 06 model. This is coming from someone who has access to drive daily a 2006 3.3L and a 2009 3.3L. However I am willing to bet with the "VVT" on both cams the 09 with a tune would be a better performer. I have a face book page called "NF Sonata" it has a bunch of DIY mods and parts info. I pretty sure I have more mods then anyone in the US or world for that matter on the 3.3L so if you have more questions feel free to pm me.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
4,858 Posts
QUOTE (NubR1 @ Sep 26 2010, 08:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359031

uhm i dont know about everyone else on here but im sure there are a few who would agree with me when i say those times look to be complete bs, now as much as i love my sonata I know for a fact stock it couldnt manage no 14.8 or 14.3 like you've been told. more like 15.3s all day long is like it. you can look all day long at car magazine archives an the closest any stock 06-08 sonata has come to that is something like [email protected] and from what I can tell that is with the Traction control off and with the car in manumatic mode so that the engine revs all the way to the 6500rpm redline for shifts...or close to it. an from what ive read the 09-10 even though stated to have more power have reprogrammed transmissions so that they shift well before that even in manumatic mode thats why the 06-08's are stated to be quicker despite power difference. an from what i can also tell by looking at the numbers most magazines there are a few who quote the sonata even slower then that....an who know maybe they didnt turn the ecs off an put it into manumatic mode. but hey if someone has better proof then just some kids alleged times with a "stock" sonata faster then low 15's in the 1/4 then please tell me how. and i say stock cause i know and have seen v33's vids where he has hit high-mid 14's in his but thats with wider sportier tires, intake,exhaust, better sparks and whatever else he has got or tried an still cant hit low 14's.

The stock 06 is really not a 14 second car unelss u corecct the times. and the 09 is definatly not a low 14 second car. BTW my car has hit 14.7 quater mile w/ bolt ons (UNCORRECTED) but I think I have posted up vids of 14.9 for sure somewhere.

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
QUOTE (v33sonata @ Sep 27 2010, 01:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359160
:whistling:
Hmmm.... Actually the one who should :whistling: here is NFV6 (aka Miami)....
And I should do the :innocent:
See, that's why I usually stay away from ANY threads dealing with "how to make my Sonata drive like a Formula1" :gitara:
But I would in the future :p
My reputation is at steak here :thumbsup:

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
4,858 Posts
QUOTE (mamamia @ Sep 27 2010, 04:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359236
Hmmm.... Actually the one who should :whistling: here is NFV6 (aka Miami)....
And I should do the :innocent:
See, that's why I usually stay away from ANY threads dealing with "how to make my Sonata drive like a Formula1" :gitara:
But I would in the future :p
My reputation is at steak here :thumbsup:
:bwekk:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts