Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2009 Sonata v6 ,

It was working fine from the last 10 months and all of a sudden, from couple of days it not behaving as usual.

It cranks some times and will start and some times it wont even crank just silent. (However all my dash lights, headlights sterio work fine).

But to my surprise, it started very fine this morning.

So not sure, what the proble would be. :(:(

My car has 57000Kms and its still in warranty, so, if there is some thing wrong with the alternator, starter motor. will the warranty cover for those parts.

Please Help
Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I would get a complete battery/electrical check to see if there are any problems with the electrical/charging system first. Very simple and inexpensive to do at any car repair shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would get a complete battery/electrical check to see if there are any problems with the electrical/charging system first. Very simple and inexpensive to do at any car repair shop.

Thanks for your response, I have called Hyundai Dealer and going tomorrow.

Lets see.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Hi I have a 2009 Sonata v6 ,

2009 Sonata V6 Cranks but wont Start

or

It cranks some times and will start and some times it wont even crank just silent. (However all my dash lights, headlights sterio work fine).

Please Help
Thanks in Advance
Which is it? One or both?

If it sometimes cranks, and sometimes doesn't, I'd look for a loose/poor connection at the battery, starter, etc.
John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which is it? One or both?

If it sometimes cranks, and sometimes doesn't, I'd look for a loose/poor connection at the battery, starter, etc.
John
I went to dealer, the Battery failed the test.

One of the Cell in battery is dead.

So I just replaced the battery my self.

Just the battery cost $109 + tax at Canadian Tire. and All is good now :)

Thanks Guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts