Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where they hid the flasher unit in a 2009 sonata? They say it is an EP34 3 pin flasher unit. After 3 days of tearing the dash out my car, can not find the flasher unit. Help

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Did you turn on the turn signal and follow sound of relay cycling ?

I can do a little better though --

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same picture and there is nothing there in my Sonata. The unit making the noise is a 10 pin module Hyundai/KIA p/n 95550-3K200 (which says that the part is the turn signal/Hazard Flasher. Any ideas on how to modify it? None of the schematics for hazard/turn signals show this change. In the schematics it shows an 18 pin module.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,283 Posts
Any ideas on how to modify it?
I've never modified that particular flasher unit before but it will likely use the same bulb failure detection circuit as the one I've shown in the link I posted previously. I've modified a few different types of flasher unit, even a fully solid state one with no relay inside off a BMW motor cycle, and the bulb failure detection has worked in the same way on every one of them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to AUTOSPARK for his help on flasher mods to fix LED hyperflashing. The fix for a 2009 Hyundai flasher unit p/n 95550-3K200 is to open the case with a small screwdriver and pull out the board. Locate IC1 on the far right hand corner and match it with the Flasher IC1 picture. Very carefully lift the pin8 leg off the circuit board. The flasher will now work with LEDs and no hyperflash.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts