Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people,

I'm new to this so I hope I'm doin' it right. So for a few years my aux/USB jack (it's one part with both ports) hasn't worked. When I plug in my aux to my phone the digital screen reads "No Media Found" when I click the aux button. Recently I started trying to fix it. I bought a new OEM part [ 961203k100u7 ] and installed it. Still doesn't detect my phone. The aux/USB jack is located in the center console. In the console a few inches away from it is a power outlet/cig lighter, which works perfectly fine. These are both plugged in to the same wiring harness part [ 91681-0A010 ], but have two different sets of wires that connect to each part (Y-shaped harness).

What makes this very difficult is that neither of the aux/usb parts "work", meaning I can't discern whether the original part is broken or there is simply no power going through the wires. I removed the fuse that powers the outlet that is connected on the similar wiring harness as the aux and I confirmed the fuse works for the outlet at least.

But this leads to another problem. There is no indication as to what fuse powers the aux jack in the owner's manual, so I technically don't know which fuse powers it.

Pictures below to help.

So, WHY IS THE AUX JACK NOT WORKING? WHAT COULD BE THE MAIN CAUSE OF THIS?

·
Registered
830 Posts
There won't be a fuse for the AUX port, it connects to the rear of the radio. There's likely 5V 500ma max.. have you tried USB yet to play files off a stick?

Otherwise you may have to check continuity in the harness fro aux module to rear of radio, When you plug into the ports, does it auto detect and go to Aux?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting.

I have tried plugging in a USB charging cable in to my phone, which doesn't work. And no, when I plug anything in to the ports nothing is detected. If I click the aux button it just says no media found.

What are the next steps I should take?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts