Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Santa Fe Diesel & 2009 Mercedes E320 Bluetec
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2.2 turbo diesel CRDi in Panama. I am looking to download a owners manual and/or any technical manual that includes the diesel engine.

I can find it in Spanish and I can find it in the USA, but, I don't speak Spanish and the Deisel was never imported in the US. I believe the diesel was imported to AUS but I cant find a manual to download.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, can anyone tell me what these pipes are and give a guess why they are disconnected. Emissions/Smog related? They are at the rear of the motor below the inter cooler and charge air lines feeding the turbo.

Motor runs well, turbo is weak and doesn't kick in until around 2000-2500rpm. Has 80,000km. Is that much turbo lag normal on this motor?

Thank you for any and all assistance.
Terry Allison
Panama.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured out the photo is of the EGR Cooler and that my car has had an EGR delete. I suppose thats good, that it will keep the internals cleaner. I hope it isn't an issue with the yearly inspection here although I suspect that is more about collecting a $20 tax than anything else.

If anyone had any info concerning the motor I would appreciate them sharing.

Its a 2009 and my vin is KMHSG81WP9U383512.

I am looking for the following:
Quantity of oil for an oil change.
I'm in a very tropical region. Is a diesel rated M1 0/30W or 0/40W good?
Part numbers of the fuel filter, oil filter and air filter.
A link to an owners manual in English that includes maint intervals for the diesel motor.
I have one metal blade key made by Hyundai. Did the most stripped down versions that would have been sold here (for example, mine has a drivers side front air bag only) have a key fob to lock and unlock doors? Is there a chip in the rubber head of the factory metal key I do have?
Is there any way to get a new key from Hyundai without having the magic Key code numbers?
I've owned numerous Mercedes Turbos. Does this motor have any issues with glow plugs seizing?
Anything else I should know?

I am basically using dial up internet connections here, search is not easy here.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the link. That will be helpful.

Mine is an automatic trans so the clutch/flywheel isn't a concern. This turbo doesn't scream, kicks in about 2000 rpm, you can feel it if you are paying attention.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There shouldn't be any noise from the turbo . You can check oil leakage in the hose after the outlet of the turbo.
Since that hose is off try to wiggle the turbo with your finger. If you can replace it or have it repaired. They are around a $1000.... You can repair them yourself with a kit available probably on eBay. Actually not that hard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts