Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Is the alternator removed from the bottom or the top on a 2.7? Anybody have a step-by-step guide?
I've seen plenty on here about R&R an alternator on a 3.3L but nothing on the 2.7L Santa Fe...

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I didn't need to remove the alternator after all!

For what its worth, the symptoms on this (2009 Santa Fe 2.7L GLS) were a blinking battery and seat belt light when the belt got wet. No squealing from the belt, but I was able to see the DC across the battery terminals drop from ~14.7V to ~12.3V when I dumped water on the belt -- this coincided with the blinkenlights on the dash.

Replaced the belt (25212-3E001) and the tensioner (25281-3E011, Gates equivalent 39150) and this solved the problem. I would've replaced the idler, too, but it wasn't in stock anywhere.

Cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi ajmicek, I take it that when you said "seat" belt, you meant "serpentine" belt? Not trying to be a smart alec, but your post gave me images of someone pouring water onto a seat belt inside the vehicle trying to solve an electrical problem. Once I figured out what you meant, I noted it down as good information to be retrieved if I ever have similar symptoms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts