Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm the proud new owner of a 2010 hyundai accent hatchback, and i looooveeeee it !!! but of course I had to get the base model with no radio :(
I'm looking to fix that asap and before I spend the money on a sub, I need the radio deck!

I called the dealer (out of curiosity) and they said the radio (just the radio not even installation) is 800$ HA.
So I've been looking around for different options and have a few questions...

1. No one seems to have a 2010 radio out yet ... so will the 2009 radio fit in the 2010 model? and will the 09 model work with the iTouch?!

2. I want to get the "running iPod" (pa710sco1mc-aat i'm not sure if thats the model number or whatever, sorry :( ) but I'm not quite sure how the "running ipod" works. Where does it plug in? Supposedly its more then just the 3.5mm jack right, its like an actual thing for an ipod, and you can control your ipod through the radio but where does it go?!

3. Where is the best place to look for a radio? I'm trying to save money on the deck (if possible) and splurge on the sub :]

Sorry, I'm kinda new to this whole car-form thing, any input would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Screw any Hyundai radios. Get a different radio like a JVC. Go on Crutchfield.com for example, to see what will fit your car.. then comparison shop on different websites. It's really easy to do yourself. Everything is color coded.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I recommend Pioneer!! But I'm biaised. If you're looking for power and good sound, the OEM radio won't cut it. Just replacing the OEM radio in mine greatly improved sound quality with the stock speakers. I have since upgraded the speakers as well.

The only good thing about the OEM radio is that it looks pretty **** good. Remember, this is a sub-compact so the radio is sub-par even though it has nice features.

·
1,565 Posts
+1 to the guys above.

Go to Crutchfield, find what you want. Then get it somewhere else. You can usually get the same thing for much less somewhere else, although, Crutchfield will give you a free harness and kit which is nice. If you don't have a lot of stereo installation knowledge, use Crutchfield. It will be the easiest option.

Welcome, and can't wait for pics. :00000732:

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (omg grip @ Jun 29 2010, 10:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337118
The Crutchfield install instructions are very helpful if you have not installed many stereos before. They are also included free with your purchase.
Or you can always call and ask for help with one of their products. They don't even ask if you bought it from them. Heck, they've helped with me with general knowledge audio questions. They're just all around really nice helpful people, regardless of whether or not you buy from them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you guys have been really helpful thanks!!
i just got a kdw and am installing it now, i'll post pics soon :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts