Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2009 i30 which has had the following issue twice:
After 20-30 minutes of driving when trying to accelerate from 60mph, the revs show as 0, there is little to no acceleration, and the EPS off light has come on. When the car is parked and restarted later, the light is no longer there and the problems are gone.
We have had diagnostics run at a non Hyundai garage and the error codes are C1260, C1103, C1611. I have booked it in at the dealership on Monday, but just wondering whether anyone can give a rough indication on whether this will be a big(expensive) job, and if it should be ok to drive in the meantime. Thank you.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,973 Posts
Looking at you list of codes this comes across as a fault with the CAN data bus to me. The CAN data bus is like a computer network that links all the control units on the car together. Because there are so many components connected to the data bus, it can be a real pain to diagnose which one of them is causing the problem. So, unfortunately, this is likely to be an expensive repair. Especially at the labour rates the main dealer charge. Plus, the main dealers idea of diagnosing a fault is usually to just start replacing expensive control units and hope the fault goes away. I wonder if it will be the EPS module or the engine control module they suggest be replaced first.

I think it should be OK to drive with the fault in the meantime, but it would be worth taking a look at your owner manual and see what it says about the EPS warning light. If it says not to drive the car if the light comes on, then don't.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.