Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled trouble code P0014 today and see recommended action, among other things, is to replace the OCT outright. I have the technical capabilities to do this, but I lack the service manual for this vehicle.

I am hoping that someone else has encountered this issue or some good natured person can explain or illustrate where the OCV is located so that I can change it. Replacement looks fairly simple.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
DRIVES 2009 Hyundai Sonata...

Which engine we playing with ??

2.4L

3.3L V6

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2.4. I read your post on the 2006 and found it to be wonderful. However I cannot determine which is the ocv on my vehicle.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Just go buy the part at dealer, and look at engine and see part that look just like it,, then replace it.

Be advised that the new replacement has different design nose, and the winding pat of the body is slight smaller.

You'll typically need to remove the oil temp sensor from head, then swap the OCV

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you guys could describe where exactly it is located, it would be appreciated. I've not been able to intelligently access the service manual pages I need from the website.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
If you guys could describe where exactly it is located, it would be appreciated. I've not been able to intelligently access the service manual pages I need from the website.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, I removed the OCV (thanks for the location information) and 1) checked for obstructions, and 2) applied 12V to test actuation. All works. Any suggestions, as it's still throwing an error code. I don't want to replace the valve if it is properly functioning. Should I test for continuity between the OCV and junction box?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Hook up GDS and watch in current data the target/desired value and actual value

Been there the first time I had OCV code.. valve pass visual and bench,, but that is not under 50-90 psi oil in actual operating conditions

As noted before, replacement OCV been redisigned.. nose shorter, winging body smaller.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hook up GDS and watch in current data the target/desired value and actual value

Been there the first time I had OCV code.. valve pass visual and bench,, but that is not under 50-90 psi oil in actual operating conditions

As noted before, replacement OCV been redisigned.. nose shorter, winging body smaller.
So, I should simply replace the valve?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts