Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this for few months, I noticed a little shaking on the gas pedal when accelerating between 15 to 20 miles. When I accelerating fast, the whole room sometimes wobbles. I took it to a mechanic and said passenger cv axle, I replaced it, then it still has the same problem but worse, another mechanic said why not to change the driver one just in case. I put new tires, balanced tires, new control arms, new sway bar links. The mechanic went underneath and said everything seems tight. Any help? do you think the other cv axle? or something in the driveshaft? It drives me nut.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Its just guess work when the mechanic merely suggests something.

I'd start with the Wheels as you can do that yourelf as well. The brake pads and calipers are known to be a problem.

The guide pins rusted and calipers cannot move as they should.
Pad stuck on the so called stainless plates of the caliper castings (steel is more like it, they rust). Clean the casting under the plates with a file and/or scrape with a knife.
Check the bearing for play twisting when holding at 9-3 oclock, 12-6 oclock.

Odd are high that at least two calipers will have seized pins not allowing the pads to contact or float properly.

Although you description does not appear to point to this other than maybe a very bad bearing which usually makes noises. Its worth verifying just in case.

PS Go to Tool and quck links at the top and create a signature with you vehicle data as you see mine. It helps take some guess work out. Location and mileage is important as well as the build.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Its just guess work when the mechanic merely suggests something.

I'd start with the Wheels as you can do that yourelf as well. The brake pads and calipers are known to be a problem.

The guide pins rusted and calipers cannot move as they should.
Pad stuck on the so called stainless plates of the caliper castings (steel is more like it, they rust). Clean the casting under the plates with a file and/or scrape with a knife.
Check the bearing for play twisting when holding at 9-3 oclock, 12-6 oclock.

Odd are high that at least two calipers will have seized pins not allowing the pads to contact or float properly.

Although you description does not appear to point to this other than maybe a very bad bearing which usually makes noises. Its worth verifying just in case.

PS Go to Tool and quck links at the top and create a signature with you vehicle data as you see mine. It helps take some guess work out. Location and mileage is important as well as the build.
I would rotate front tires to the back, just to rule out some kind of tire problems in the front.
My grandson came over the other day saying he had noise somewhere around rear of the car as he drove. I took a short trip, went to the rear right tire and saw a missing lug nut. I could pretty much hand turn every lug nut on his car. Turns out he had just had a brake job done and none of the lug nuts were torqued down.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Bump

You got some not so difficult areas you can do on the weekend. Its only time needed and likely grease for the caliper guides and plates. It needs doing unless there were recently done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts