Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I have a 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe that was recalled for a oil leak onto the alternator. I had the alternator replaced once back in Oct but the mechanic never fixed the leak. Then this December 2019 it went out again.. I had it replaced and took it to another mechanic to fix the leak. He said that Hyundai recommends putting a bead of Silicon along the valve cover to stop it but told me this isn't a fix but more of a patch. There is also the possibility that it could be the timing cover which he said that isnt a fix as well. So.....

1.) can anyone tell me if there is a permanent fix to stop oil leaks onto the alternator. ( anyone else have this temporary work done where they put silicon to stop the leak ? if so how long did that last ?)
2.) how come on the official Hyundai website when I put in my VIN to see if I am affected by this recall it says I am but no Hyundai dealership has any active campaigns for this so they wont perform the work, Not even when I call Hyundai Customer service do they have any campaigns. Just a little misleading when the website says I am affected and list all kind of dealerships but yet they wont do the work. (confusing)
Me to!! I went through the exact same confusion and I've been dealing w/alt/batt issues resulting in being stranded/barely driving for last 6 months and that oil leak has been repeatedly brought to my attention..I had no idea they were related and I didn't own vehicle when the campaign was in effect.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts