Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I slid into a ditch last winter and smashed the windshield washer fluid pump in the impact and now I am trying to replace it. I purchased a universal pump from Napa, Part #665-1622, and it is requiring me to splice in the new pump to the original wiring system. I am able to strip and splice wires, but electrical theory escapes me. The original connector that plugs into the original pump has three wires, where the new pump has two. Original wires are blue, yellow, and black. The new pump has a blue/red and a blue/yellow.

I believe the original black wire is the ground, but I do not know how to splice two wire to three wires. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Hello,

I slid into a ditch last winter and smashed the windshield washer fluid pump in the impact and now I am trying to replace it. I purchased a universal pump from Napa, Part #665-1622, and it is requiring me to splice in the new pump to the original wiring system. I am able to strip and splice wires, but electrical theory escapes me. The original connector that plugs into the original pump has three wires, where the new pump has two. Original wires are blue, yellow, and black. The new pump has a blue/red and a blue/yellow.

I believe the original black wire is the ground, but I do not know how to splice two wire to three wires. Any help would be much appreciated.
Use a dvom and measure the voltage of the original while having someone requesting the pump. With the black probe attached to a good ground probe the others to find B+ and ground. Use them for the pump.
Apply B+ across the new pump and be sure it is running in the proper direction. If not reverse them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not well versed with volt meters, I can try. But once I find B+ and ground, what do I do with the third original wire?

I have just the front washer fluid pump, not the back.

If I follow Autosparks instructions, I will have a left over yellow wire. Do I simply cap it?

·
Registered
12,659 Posts
If I follow Autosparks instructions, I will have a left over yellow wire. Do I simply cap it?
The spare wire is for the rear screen washer which your replacement pump doesn't have. So just insulate the end of the spare wire and tape it onto the harness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts