Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im pretty knew to trying to diagnose and fix issues with our cars, and would greatly appreciate any help I could get. Our 2009 Hyundai Accent has just recently developed this issue where the battert is draining and dying basically by the next day or day after being fully charged. At first we thought the battery was bad or going bad, and we replaced it (we didnt know when it was originally put into the car, and it has been almost a year since we bought the car). After replacing the batter we took the batter back to verify it wasnt a bad battery and the load test on the fully charged battery came out with it being right in the 600 range verifting the battery was good. The car is pretty stock with no cruise control, no security, no automatic doors, dial ac, hand crank windows, back passenger ceiling light, front ceiling light (all off), a single charge port in the front console(nothing plugged in), the head lights are switched off, and the radio was replaced with a 3rd party radio from walmart(which we removed from the console). I have charged the battery twice with a Cen-Tech 10/2/50 Battery charger which each time i charge the battery when the car wont start, shows the battery around 70% charged. This last time I have put the battery in after fully charging, I measured 12.7 volts with my multi meter before starting the car, and when I started the car, I measured about 14.3 volts which makes me believe the alternator isnt bad. The next step i did was measuring the current, by removing the ground wire from the battery, and measuring the current going from the ground wire to the battery with my multimeter switched to measuring a maximum of 20A. The current I measured was about 300mA and occasionally varied to 320mA and 270mA. The last thing I tried was continuing to measure the current while pulling every fuse in the front by the engine, and under the steering wheel of the car. Pulling the fuses didnt show any change in the current dropping. Im not really sure what step I should try next or if I messed up somewhere while pulling the fuses and putting them back. All the fuses appeared fine, and I didnt see any corrosion either. If anyone has had any similar experience or has any suggestions on what else to try, that would help greatly. I dont want to take the car to a shop and them not be able to figure it out either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts