Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2009 Hyundai Elantra sx and its making a noise similar to a flat tyre.

I suspect its the rear wheel bearing.

Does it need a complete hub assembly replacement and does it need a machine to press it in?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'd expect it's complete assembly. You've rotated tyres to eliminate the possiblity of tyre noise? Checked the tyre for unusual wear or scalloping? Put a front to the rear if you have not swapped tyres around.

Is this US market Elantra, rear wheel discs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Australia, long story short after a service the tyres were rotated and uneven wear wasn't picked up, they also threw my wheel alignment out which caused the esp not to work. I lost it coming out of a round about ( turn circle ) in the wet and hit the wheel. I have brand new tyres.

Im from Australia.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Righto. Well if you're confident then it should be the same hub as the FD i30. Going on what you're saying makes me wonder if you have a bent tie rod and they simply dialed it out because it's likely the ESP would have come on due to the wheel being out of position and needing to have the steering angle sensor zeroised again. I've had rear shocks go soft and chop up the inner edges of the rears causing a howl on my i30 hatches and wagons that's all. Elantra is simply the same platform but a sedan.

527302H000

1 - 4 of 4 Posts