Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two days ago 05/17/2010 I purchased a new 2009 Hyundai Azera. It was loaded with a sticker of close to 34,000. It had an add on of 3,000 in that amount for the Navigation System. I looked at the map software that is dated in 2007. I will see the dealer tomorrow and tell him I'm not happy that the map software is so out of date when there is 2009 software or maybe 2010 available and will ask him to come good for the update. Does anyone think they should foot the bill or do you think I should. One way or another I'm going to have the update but think the dealer should be responsible for some of the cost if not all. Thanks

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Why the dealer ?

ELECTRICAL

09-BE-004

MAY, 2009

NAVIGATION MAP SOFTWARE UPDATE

4. Check the Map Version on the screen.
The early Map Version is 2.3.2 (2007/07/04/14).

The most recent Map Version update (as of 02/01/09) is 02.03.02 (2009.02.12.05).

• Confirm latest map version update by logging onto www.mapnsoft.com.

NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE PROCEDURE:

The navigation map database is updated through M&Soft America, Inc. Log on to the
website www.mapnsoft.com or call 1(714)775-0727 for assistance in acquiring the
latest update map database.

WARRANTY INFORMATION:
The navigation map update procedure is not covered under the factory warranty.

Along same lines, I have GARMIN E-TREX that I bought from WAL-MART... software update a few yr ago,, does WAL-MART owe me an upgrade ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (sbr711 @ May 19 2010, 10:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324466
Why the dealer ?

ELECTRICAL

09-BE-004

MAY, 2009

NAVIGATION MAP SOFTWARE UPDATE

4. Check the Map Version on the screen.
The early Map Version is 2.3.2 (2007/07/04/14).

The most recent Map Version update (as of 02/01/09) is 02.03.02 (2009.02.12.05).

• Confirm latest map version update by logging onto www.mapnsoft.com.

NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE PROCEDURE:

The navigation map database is updated through M&Soft America, Inc. Log on to the
website www.mapnsoft.com or call 1(714)775-0727 for assistance in acquiring the
latest update map database.

WARRANTY INFORMATION:
The navigation map update procedure is not covered under the factory warranty.

Along same lines, I have GARMIN E-TREX that I bought from WAL-MART... software update a few yr ago,, does WAL-MART owe me an upgrade ?
I don't think it's close to the Wal-Mart since it's only been two days.

·
1,914 Posts
QUOTE (DanMichSr @ May 19 2010, 08:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324432
Two days ago 05/17/2010 I purchased a new 2009 Hyundai Azera. It was loaded with a sticker of close to 34,000. It had an add on of 3,000 in that amount for the Navigation System. I looked at the map software that is dated in 2007. I will see the dealer tomorrow and tell him I'm not happy that the map software is so out of date when there is 2009 software or maybe 2010 available and will ask him to come good for the update. Does anyone think they should foot the bill or do you think I should. One way or another I'm going to have the update but think the dealer should be responsible for some of the cost if not all. Thanks

First of all :00000732: to the forums! Second, Congrats on your new Azera!

I think the dealer should foot the bill for the nav update. They should be happy they got that old vehicle off of their lot and that they aren't paying on it anymore.

What color Azera did you get? I'm assuming you got a Limited.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ May 22 2010, 10:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325273
First of all :00000732: to the forums! Second, Congrats on your new Azera!

I think the dealer should foot the bill for the nav update. They should be happy they got that old vehicle off of their lot and that they aren't paying on it anymore.

What color Azera did you get? I'm assuming you got a Limited.

I got the White

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
While I was looking at the NEW cars on the lot I settled on two different Hyundai cars one was the Sonata 2011 Limited White and the other was the Azera 2009 Limited White which was loaded and had the Nav System in it dated 2007 that one was on the lot. I didn't know at the time it was so outdated until after the sale 2 days later. They couldn't get the Sonata so I decided that the price was right on the 2009 that I would buy that one. I think the dealers will treat me right. I stopped in at the dealership and they had some free time so they said leave the car and they would hook it up to a computer and download the new version. I told them it had to be done with a disk and printed off one of the item on this forum and showed them. Three hours later they were just finishing up and finally told me they would get the disk in a few days and I set up an appointment for this coming Saturday 5/29/10. I told them it should take less that 15 mins to do the job. I did say that I was going to have the update one way or the other, that if they didn't pay for the update I would. But then I read on here that if they do all the work they should be able to get the money back. I'll wait and not say anything until I find out if they will charge me the 200. I'll post again after I find out. Most maps that have been updated show revision history on what they have done over the previous version, I guess there isn't anything like that. I think the new version will be 10.3 and have the software read 2010 on the setup screen. Thanks for all of your replies..

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I may have a 10.1 disc to copy.... interest ? Need to double check the part number on the original disc.

Be for 08 & 09 Azera, Santa Fe, & Veracruz..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (sbr711 @ May 26 2010, 10:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326755
I may have a 10.1 disc to copy.... interest ? Need to double check the part number on the original disc.

Be for 08 & 09 Azera, Santa Fe, & Veracruz..
I'll know Saturday and will report. They said they ordered 10.3

Well Saturday rolled around and it didn't come in. They said sometime this week before 6/5/10

OK, here is the final... Today 6/4/2010 I could watch just a little as they installed the part. They used an allen wrench to take out the (Looked like a Compact Flash) and installed a new one. Also used a DVD or CD to install the rest. Here is what I can see on the Setup Screen
SW VERSION 10.3 (TG)
HW VERSION 9.0
Map VERSION 2.08.28
OS VERSION 1.3 (Flash N)

There wasn't any charge to me.... The Sales Manager was exceptional and the Business Name is Quirk Hyundai of Bangor, Maine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maps for 2009 Azera are not supported

I too have a 2009 Azera with an outdated map. Went to www.mapnsoft.com/Hyundai to order a new one. They stopped making them. Last version was 6 or 7 with a current version around 8 or higher. I wrote to Hyundai Customer Service and have a case number of
6937491. They said "We apologize to you on not receiving a update on your concern in regards to your navigation software update. We did receive feedback regarding your concern. Unfortunately, at this time Map N Soft does not have an ETA on when the navigation software update will become available. We recommend that you contact your local dealership service and/or parts department for further assistance. We appreciate your patience during this process and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause." The real truth is that Hyundai switched head makers to LG and kept NO PROVIION TO KEEP THE MAPS UP-TO-DATE with Map N Soft. I'm on my 3rd Hyundai. I like the product but not the brush-off from Customer Service. :dry:

·
Registered
1 Posts

I bought a 2009 Hyundai Azera and paid for the in-dash navigation system. Now I am told that Hyundai discontinued map updates for any vehicle purchased prior to 2011. Apparently there is no way to update the maps without something from the Hyundai company Map N Soft. What a rip off. Seems to me that Hyundai should find a way for us to get our Navigation system maps updated or give us a full refund on the Navigation system purchased for $3,000.00.

I have had to resort to a Garmin to get accurate up-to-date Map information. Really irritates me to have 2 navi screens in front of me and a cord as well.

·
Senior Menmber
2,134 Posts
I bought a 2009 Hyundai Azera and paid for the in-dash navigation system. Now I am told that Hyundai discontinued map updates for any vehicle purchased prior to 2011. Apparently there is no way to update the maps without something from the Hyundai company Map N Soft. What a rip off. Seems to me that Hyundai should find a way for us to get our Navigation system maps updated or give us a full refund on the Navigation system purchased for $3,000.00.

I have had to resort to a Garmin to get accurate up-to-date Map information. Really irritates me to have 2 navi screens in front of me and a cord as well.
WOW! That is depressing. Maybe one of the other members know of a work around.

00000732 Welcome to the forum. Wish it something more positive that brought you here. :(

Lots of good information and assistance can be found here. I've learned a lot and saved $$$ as a result of the forum.

When you get a chance, please update your profile:
Easy to do. Click on "CP user" in upper right of screen (on smartphone use PC mode). That will take you to a page where you can click on the "Edit Profile" link on the left side of the screen. You should update the year, model, and engine of your vehicle. Also, please include your general location city/area, state, and country. We have members all over the world. Different countries may have differences in models and laws/regulations. THANKS!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts