Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The a/c stopped on my wife's 2008 Tuscon I replaced the compressor relay checked the fuses compressor will not engage. It seems to have a charge in it when I hook up my gauge's.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
So, what is the pressure reading from the gauge(s). Doesn't matter if it is low or high side, since the compressor isn't running.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems it was around 90 psi on the suction side I tried turning it off and on and it seemed like it was attempting to start the RPM would drop like an increase in load.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Seems it was around 90 psi ...

Well, you have enough pressure that it shouldn't be locked out due to very low refrigerant.
Do you have a multi-meter? Can you do some voltage and continuity tests? You can try momentarily bypassing the clutch relay to see if it engages then. (jumper across the contacts, not the coil)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, you have enough pressure that it shouldn't be locked out due to very low refrigerant.
Do you have a multi-meter? Can you do some voltage and continuity tests? You can try momentarily bypassing the clutch relay to see if it engages then. (jumper across the contacts, not the coil)
Didn't check that just voltage if it ever stops raining I will get under it and check if voltage is getting to the compressor

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
Seems it was around 90 psi on the suction side I tried turning it off and on and it seemed like it was attempting to start the RPM would drop like an increase in load.

Check the clutch. Do you have a scan tool? Not code reader.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
The a/c stopped on my wife's 2008 Tuscon I replaced the compressor relay checked the fuses compressor will not engage. It seems to have a charge in it when I hook up my gauge's.
Just wondering, did you try to by pass the compressor relay to see if the clucth would engage?
Load side (compressor side) of relay is pins 87 and 30
If you can see or hear the clutch engage then issue would be with the control side.

Be careful with the control side of relay (pins 85 and 86)
They probably go to the ECM

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
Just wondering, did you try to by pass the compressor relay to see if the clucth would engage?
Load side (compressor side) of relay is pins 87 and 30
If you can see or hear the clutch engage then issue would be with the control side.

I'm going to be nice here.
If you by pass the relay and it works how can you say it's the control side. What if the relay is bad.?

Here's how to test that entire circuit.
To check the control side see if the relay gets grounded when AC is requested.....if not there's an open between the relay and the module or the module is bad.....if it does......the control side is good......then check for B+ out.....not there the relay is bad...if it's there but no clutch engagement there's on open between the relay and the clutch. All can be done in less than 10 minutes.
That's all there is to it.
Now was that OK?

Be careful with the control side of relay (pins 85 and 86)
They probably go to the ECM

You should know where that goes.

What say you?

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
@tom434_99 The above describes the procedure to test your AC clutch circuit and find your problem. Do not get tangled up with all these suggestions that are fruitless and unfounded.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts