Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello eveyone i apperciate you all taking time out of your day to lend a helpful hand l! Im making this post on my friends behalf whose having an issue. He owns a 2008 Hyundai Veracruz the base model. (Sorry i dont have a lot of information) He said he started it and heard a noise and the car ran fine. Then all of a sudden it started missfiring and stalled. He was able to drive home but stalled a few times on the way. He then rented a scanner and the codes read p0022 and p0021. I found out he hadnt done an oil change in a year. Im assuming the old oil has caused this. My guess are intake valves may be stuck open? Ill be checking the VVT oil soloniod to make sure its working propperly and do an oil change. Im no mechanic but i know a little bit, but any help/advice would be apperciated.

Thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello and welcome Dreamless, if you head over to the Veracruz section of the forum you can get more specific answers to questions relating to that car, also if you do go over there it is always a good idea to list what the codes actually mean.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.