Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi team, my car was failed, replaced battery, but turned out, the battery was good. I had replaced the alternator due to the recall for the gasket. I paid out of pocket for the alternator and then sent a letter to Hyundai America and they refunded me the amount. Now my car is at the shop again, and I think the alternator may be the issue. Does anyone know if the gasket was re-designed? I am so frustrated, and this is not safe. First timer on here, thank you and I will try to keep you updated.

2008 Hyundai VC
Leather, premium sound
FWD
:crying2:

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,583 Posts
Did you have the work on the valve cover gasket done at the Hyundai dealer?
If so then can you have them verify that it has leaked again and caused the alternator to fail
Maybe then you can recoup the cost of the new alternator???

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't know if the gasket is redesigned, but I had an alternator fail Dec 2015 and again in Mar/April 2016 - the 2nd was definitely from the leak, the first was contentious (it wasn't soaked so they didnt pay).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was the one that told the dealer to look at the alternator. Then they stated, there was oil on it. Covered by warranty. 4x gasket failure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all covered, just not the 1st time. rather concerned if car stops mid-drive -not safe.

People w/ similar concern, please direct message me.
Thanks
I will try to get online again -prefer email
01/18/2017

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just received this new recall number 197 today. Campaign date states November 13,2020.

Open Campaigns
Campaign #NHTSA Recall #DescriptionSafety RiskRemedyStatusCampaign Date
Recall 19720V705000HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA IS RECALLING CERTAIN 2007-2012 VERACRUZ VEHICLES THAT WERE PREVIOUSLY RECALLED UNDER RECALL NUMBER 14V-415. AN INOPERATIVE CHARGINIG SYSTEM CAN RESULT IN AN ENGINE STALL, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.OIL MAY LEAK FROM THE FRONT CYLINDER BANK COVER GASKET, POTENTIALLY DRIPPING ONTO THE ALTERNATOR AND CAUSING THE CHARGING SYSTEM TO BECOME INOPERATIVE.REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLERecall IncompleteNov 13, 2020

1 - 8 of 8 Posts