Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2008 Tucson for my daughter last summer. The check engine light came on shortly after and indicated problem with Bank 1 Sensor 1 Oxygen sensor. Replaced at local station with NAPA sensor and problem reappeared within 100 miles. Hyundai said that I must replace with Hyundai sensor due to tight tolerances on this engine. We tried this and the problem was gone for 6 months (the car is not driven very far. only about 2000 miles over this time frame). Now the problem has returned. We just replaced the sensor again. Luckily Hyundai replaced it under warranty from the previous repair. Has anybody had a similar experience and/or reason why this is reoccurring? :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI, engine light on. I did not replace O2 sensor. That is next, but I cleaned the air flo meter and engine light went off. But came back on after 5K miles. NOw need to clean meter again and replace O2 sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.