Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in a K&N Air Filter into my 2008 Santa Fe (2.7L). I am very, very much an auto maintenance dolt, but this was very easy (do not laugh, I only know how to put in gas and barely replace the wiper blades and I nerfed replacing the headlights really bad). I was looking at the size difference between the filter already in the car that the dealership put in versus the size of the filter from K&N, the K&N filter was much smaller. Is this usually the case with the filters from K&N?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
QUOTE (beerbrewer @ Apr 22 2010, 04:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315765
I just put in a K&N Air Filter into my 2008 Santa Fe (2.7L). I am very, very much an auto maintenance dolt, but this was very easy (do not laugh, I only know how to put in gas and barely replace the wiper blades and I nerfed replacing the headlights really bad). I was looking at the size difference between the filter already in the car that the dealership put in versus the size of the filter from K&N, the K&N filter was much smaller. Is this usually the case with the filters from K&N?
Yes, they are less thick as compared to OEM, however, with the oil added, they do an excellent job of filtering and do allow more air to freely flow.

I have been using K&N filters ever since they first came on the scene. On many of my vehcles, I have noticed an increase of power, depending on how powerful my engine was in the first place. With my 3.3, I didn't notice any power increase and I am sure you will not on your 2.7.

When I floor my 3.3 or am running at very high speeds, I do notice more sound of air being sucked into the engine. That is simply because the K&N is thinner and doesn't muffle the air as much as the OEM filter.

David <><

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks David. I didn't really listen for any differences this morning, the first time I took it on the highway after installing the filter. I'll have to do that tonight on the way home from work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts