Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya. First post. Looks to be an awesome forum. I have a 08 santa fe crdi. When rolling along at 100 or 110 kph and then getting back on throttle "light application of throttle only" , sometimes it will do a bit of a stuttery hesitationy type thing. Hard to describe. Doesnt do it if i floor it and only in top gear at cruising speed. Im thinking transmission?? At last service the bloke said it could do with a tranny flush. Could it be EGR related? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my 2008 Sanat Fe Diesel does the exact same thing. I took it in to a dealer when it was still under warranty (2nd hand warranty) & they looked at it 3 or 4 times but couldn't work it out. They tried software updates etc but had no joy at all. I am still driving it about 4 years later & it still does the same thing. It hasn't become any worse & doesn't cause too much stress, but it is annoying not knowing what it is. I wondered about an injector playing up? Very hard to tell with everything being computer controlled. If you ever find out what it is, let me know.
Thanks & regards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's likely the EGR valve getting a bit sticky. To test this theory, unplug the electrical cable going to the EGR valve. Then go drive around town or highway for a few days. If the stuttering disappears completely then you know that it is a sticky EGR valve (you will see an engine check light come on when you disconnect the electrical cable, but don't worry about this).

You can then either have the EGR replaced or manually cleaned. If you have the ability to remove this valve yourself then that's the best option. Use an eye cleaner (spray can) and toothbrush. Also use WD40 to spray into the EGR valve and depress the valve two or three dozen times with liberal application of the spray until it depressed easily enough. Then reassemble and the problem will go away for a long while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts