Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2008 Santa Fe GLS and I am looking to upgrade my factory unit. The unit has the standard am/fm, cd, and also sirius/xm. I want to keep my satellite radio because of long trips but I do not want to add a new antenna. Is there any way I can do this using the factory antenna for the satellite radio?

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you plan to replace for a aftermarket unit,it is possible to keep the radio ,cuz the unit built-in radio function and with a internal antenna,you needn't to add a antenna in addtion.

Glad to recommend you a unit if you want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, but I am getting a Kenwood DPX500BT for my Santa Fe. It seems to be reasonable in price and has everything that I want and I am also keeping it simple for the wife to use as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
antenna

If you plan to replace for a aftermarket unit,it is possible to keep the radio ,cuz the unit built-in radio function and with a internal antenna,you needn't to add a antenna in addtion.

Glad to recommend you a unit if you want.
I have the unit and took apart the dash to see where the SAT hook up is. I could not find it. Could you shed some light on this for me. I do have another anttenna for satellite radio, but I would like to keep everything clean looking and keep it looking factory on the outside. Thank you.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have a Pioneer HU and kept factory sat antenna, but as mentioned earlier it will all depend on the physical connectors.

Not sure how much different the '08 vs '12 is...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More help please

I have a Pioneer HU and kept factory sat antenna, but as mentioned earlier it will all depend on the physical connectors.

Not sure how much different the '08 vs '12 is...
I do not know how much different they are either. What should it look like behind the radio so I know what I am looking at in finding the antenna? I heard that the factory radio itself has a built in processor to have the SAT turned on, but I also heard that it depends on the antenna hook up. The antenna looks like a regular FM antenna hook up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to bring this thread back but I have a 2008 Santa Fe GLS as well and would like to use the oem xm antenna if possible. I'm trying to find where the antenna terminates to see if it's possible to use with my SXV200V1 tuner or if I need to run the aftermarket antenna that comes with it. My guess is if it's accessible, I'll likely need a FAKRA adapter but I need to find it first to be sure.

I have the same 3 connections on the back of the radio as griminaz13.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts