Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The joystick on the side of the steering wheel does not move the wheel in and out or up or down. I have about 5 months left on the warranty and am thinking of bringing it in to be fixed. I really don't trust the quality of the repairs done at the dealer. Theirs a lot of wiring in the steering wheel that can screwed up. What do you think?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do it now! Ooooor find another dealer. At least if they don't fix it right the first time you can keep bringing it back even if the warranty lapses; just read the fine print of their repair receipt and be broad in your description.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
if and when you get it repaired....you may want to pull the fuse for that. I eventually did. i am the driver about 98% of the time...so, i didn't need the wheel moving all the time. just have to pull it with the ignition in the 'ON' position.

if you share driving alot and the two settings very quite alot, never mind my suggestion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The joystick on the side of the steering wheel does not move the wheel in and out or up or down. I have about 5 months left on the warranty and am thinking of bringing it in to be fixed. I really don't trust the quality of the repairs done at the dealer. Theirs a lot of wiring in the steering wheel that can screwed up. What do you think?
make sure you are still under warranty. i have a failing rack and pinion seals and they are only covered 5yrs or 60000 mi . i missed it by two weeks and Hyundai will do nothing to help me out !!! if it is still under warranty you will have to take it to a hyundai dealer . they will not pay for an independent garage to fix it .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts