Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Wondering if you could help me with a problem on the wife's car. She has a 2008 2.2L CRDi 4WD Auto box and on occasion there is complete power loss.

It is intermittant and could happen when she is coming to a stop at a set of traffic lights or a roundabout, the car loses all power and she has to plant her fool on the accellorator pedal and it might eventually afer a few seconds put a cloud of wheit smoke out the exhaust and then drive fine. Other times she may need to turn the ignition off and back on to get going again.

The old owner replaced the fuel rail 4 monthsd ago as it was a bit sluggish on stoart up, but it didnt have this issue when he was driving it. Could it be the EGR valve?

it doesnt alwaws put on the check engine light, it is also not putting any fault codes on, had it with a main dealer and he said it showed a wiring fault on the auto gearbox, but he was of the opinion it was ok.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Alan

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
The diesel engine isn't offered in North America but there might be something to look at.

Others who have had driveability problems have found a fuel filter needing replacement, contaminated fuel, or a faulty fuel pump. There are two pumps for low pressure (first stage to get the fuel out of the tank) and high pressure (second stage to feed the injectors). This is a very wild guess but if the high pressure pump has a problem you might have enough pressure to run the engine at idle or very light load but not enough to feed the injectors normally.

Others with more knowledge will, I'm sure, help more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a thought, I've the same 2.2 auto and when touching the brake pedal it cuts any use of the accelerator so it would be impossible to accelerate and brake at the same time, by design obviously. Here's the thing though, I've a slightly sticky brake light switch that needs to be removed and freed up occasionally and if your switch is registering pressure on the pedal it'll cut power to the engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

Wondering if you could help me with a problem on the wife's car. She has a 2008 2.2L CRDi 4WD Auto box and on occasion there is complete power loss.

It is intermittant and could happen when she is coming to a stop at a set of traffic lights or a roundabout, the car loses all power and she has to plant her fool on the accellorator pedal and it might eventually afer a few seconds put a cloud of wheit smoke out the exhaust and then drive fine. Other times she may need to turn the ignition off and back on to get going again.

The old owner replaced the fuel rail 4 monthsd ago as it was a bit sluggish on stoart up, but it didnt have this issue when he was driving it. Could it be the EGR valve?

it doesnt alwaws put on the check engine light, it is also not putting any fault codes on, had it with a main dealer and he said it showed a wiring fault on the auto gearbox, but he was of the opinion it was ok.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Alan
Hi! Did you solve the problem you had with your wife's car? The reason I ask is that I experience a similar problem with our Santa Fe of the same model - HYUNDAI SANTA FÉ II (CM) 2.2 CRDi 4x4.

I have successfully cleaned the EGR valve several times, and the car has worked fine for a while. But it's a terrible job, because the EGR valve is stupidly positioned behind the engine. When I finally get the EGR valve on the workbench, the valve has been partially stuck. But by cleaning it I have made it move freely again.

Unfortunately, our Santa Fe is too often used for short trips, which is not the smartest thing for diesel engines. I also think that the problem occurs more and more often, without the driving pattern having changed significantly. I think there is something else but just too many short drives leading to the problem, but I haven't figured out what it could be.

At the car repair shop, they said that the car jerked a little under acceleration, and that it indicated errors on the electronic part of the carburetor. Unfortunately, it is not possible to replace only the electronic part, the entire carburetor must be replaced, which is expensive.

In any case, it's unsatisfactory, so I wondered if you solved the problems your wife's car had?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts